My brother died

My older brother on 16th February. I had to ring an ambulance for him on the Friday morning and on the Saturday even he was in ICU on a ventilator. The hospital rang me and 2:30am on the Thursday to say he had deteriorated. He died at 8am. Myself, my husband and mum & dad were with him. The hospital couldn’t find out what was wrong with him and what the exact cause of death was. What I feel most bad about is on the Friday night at the hospital my brother asked for a bottle of coke but we said no cause he might not be allowed it but would bring him some the next day which we did but he never got to drink it. My parents are elderly so I knew I’d have to deal with everything plus be strong for them seeing they had lost a son

1 Like

Hello @Leenane,

I can see that you’re new to the community, so I wanted to say that I am so sorry for the loss of your brother that brings you here.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help you right now.

You may also find our Losing a sibling support page comforting to read right now.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,
Seaneen

I’m so sorry for your loss. It’s hard to process losing a sibling, even harder I would imagine when you don’t have a reason.
We buried my youngest sister on the 13th February, she was only 50 with 4 sons. She died of heart and kidney failure.
Having to be the strong one is exhausting and really takes it out of you, so be gentle with yourself.
I just wanted to acknowledge your post and your grief.
Stay strong

Thank u for your reply and I’m sorry for your loss. I guess you never expect to bury a sibling. My brother was 52 and didn’t have any children.

1 Like