My dad, my king, my world.

Keggyleggy

Norwich

I lost my dad 4 weeks ago. He was taken into hospital on 26th Jan, feeling unwell. After having tests done, they found out he had terminal pancreatic cancer that had spread to other organs. My dad came out of hospital 14th Feb, me and my sister cared for him til the end. He died 10 days later. Such a quick but horrible death. I can’t get into my head that I will never be able to see or speak to my dad again. He was 66yrs old, was due to retire this year and spend the rest of his life with my mum doing all the things they loved. So we basically work all our lives, stress and worry, take out pensions what we don’t even get to use, all for what? We all die anyway. I keep asking myself, why my dad, why us? He was my absolute world, my life, my king, my dad. My heart is broken in a thousand pieces and it seems it will never be put back properly ever again. My life will never be the same without him around. People say it will get easier but it doesn’t bring him back. I feel so much upset and anger. Please if anyone can give me some advice, I’d be very grateful.

3 Likes

Hello @Kegleg,

I can see that you’re new to the community, so I wanted to say that I am so sorry for the loss of your dad that brings you here.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help right now.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

1 Like

I know. :pensive:

My boss lost both of his parents in the last 3 years, and he’s had enough of the toil. He’s quit his job with nothing to go to. My grandad had about 30 years of retirement. My dad had much less. He was 76.

We’re all thinking of you. It’s the worst thing, I know. :yellow_heart:

1 Like

I am so sorry for the loss of your dad,i lost my husband January this year from terminal pancreatic cancer which had started to spread to his lungs ,so i understand the pain you are going through,I asked that question why my darling husband.The only advice i can give you try and take one day at a time .I hope this has helped.

2 Likes

I am so very sorry for your loss. I understand completely your pain. My dad died unexpectedly 7 weeks ago. My heart is also broken as we were very close. When these things happen it does make you feel angry , confused and re evaluate life. Just take it hour by hour , thats all you can do for now. You are not alone xxx

1 Like