My darling sister why?

My sister passed away last Tuesday. She had breast cancer 4 years ago and every mammogram since was clear. She was told her groin pain was arthritis. She was taken to hospital in so much pain. Scans showed she had breast cancer deep in her breast also in her lung, kidney, liver, bones and brain. She died of Strep A and sepsis and secondary cancer. I saw her everyday now I’m so lost I don’t know what to do.

4 Likes

I am so sorry Pip60. I can sense you are in incredible pain. I relate to your story. My younger Sister also had cancer, but was doing well. In one night she took a turn and died over night in the hospital. Sepsis was also a factor in her demise. I was by her side and I continue re-live that tragic night. Like you and your sister, we were each other’s everyday go-to person. The void they leave is tremendous. You are in the early days of grief, and there will be so many emotions. When we lose a sibling we lose a part of ourselves. Surround yourself with supportive people, and avoid those who cannot show kindness and understanding. Try to give yourself what you need, as simple as alone time, a cry, a rest if you can sleep, or a comforting cuppa tea. You have suffered a deep wound to your heart. I am glad you found this forum, it has been a source of solace to me in my darkest hours, as I hope it will be for you. Please continue to post so we can help you through this difficult journey. With caring thoughts, Xxx Another sad Sister,

4 Likes

Thank you I just want her back

3 Likes

I am so sorry for your loss, i myself lost my sister to cancer in December, and i fill lost as she was my best friend, too she was diagnosed in may lat year and it was aggressive from the lungs to her bones and lastly to her brain, i only joined this group today in the hope it will help :broken_heart:

1 Like

Lynnemily I wish I had some words of comfort. I wish grief was something you get over quickly and move on. There’s a very special bond between sisters. I lost my only sister last month, 12th February. She was also my best friend. She was 55 years old. She died 2 months and 3 days after being diagnosed with lung cancer. I miss her so much I’m screaming inside. Our mum turned 80 at the end of February and there was a question mark whether she’d make her birthday because she has oesophageal cancer. Mum made it but my sister didn’t. I don’t understand. We’d planned for the future, to support each other as we got older. We were going to live together - my sister has a grown up son but I didn’t have children. I am lost in grief but will continue to look after mum who doesn’t have long now. I don’t know what I’ll do then. I hope I’ll find peace in the future and I hope you and everyone else who’s grieving does too x

1 Like

Hi Eliza6 sorry for the delays in replying, im so sorry for you loss of your sister and know how you fill ,it was my sisters birthdays on 6th march so have found things heard ,we will be laying her hashes with my mum on 1st April so hopefully get some comfort from that,not a day gos by amd i dont think of Elaine as we spoke everyday, im sure you fill the same with your sister Elizabeth was my mums middle name ,i know we will never be the same again but i know from my mum and dad we well one day at a time before we can smile once more thankbyou for your message from lynn

1 Like