My daughter died suddenly age 24

sure, it’s very helpful x

I’m willing to try anything x

Sleep well and keep in touch :gift_heart:

I will and you too :gift_heart:

Hi
I
Lost my daughter in 2006 without warning she went to bed as usual and we found her the next morning dead.
My Lizzie had died of Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy no one had told us about this condition but over a thousand young adults die of it a. Year .
So I walked into her room expecting my chatty daughter and was told to do CPR even though l knew she had gone.

I have never felt such pain l admit l screamed like an animal it took five years to feel something like l use to, But I remember my daughter who was full of life and she would want me to go on and that helps me to get through the bad times

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your daughter, I wake up every day feeling numb and empty but I prompt myself to get up for my other daughter. This month has been really difficult, I know life has to go on but I’m still struggling right now. I am building a collection of Disney Stitch stuff in her memory, it was her favourite Disney character.
I find talking to my partner helps but we don’t live in the same County, and he doesn’t understand what it’s like to lose a child. He is my eldest daughters dad and we reconnected this June, my eldest daughter is very reserved and tends to bottle things up.

Hi
So sorry I know at the beginning the pain is unbearable if you need to scream let it out.
You are right no one knows what it is like to lose a child and the injustice of it.
It took me a long time to accept that l could carry the pain.
The advice I got was to listen to my body and not put pressure on myself. Be kind to your self xxx

1 Like

I’ve been told the very same thing by my bereavement counsellor, look after yourself and listen to your body. Everyone grieves in different ways, I joined this group because no-one understood my pain. She was my baby and only 24yrs old, it’s so unfair how we lose our children so young xxx

1 Like

Hi so sorry to hear about your daughter life not supposed to be like that. My daughter was my bestfriend shes just recently pass in december cadiac arrest. Theres nothing like a mothers love. Its terrible when they are gone so young. Like most mothers i dont know how im gonna cope.

2 Likes

It is very difficult, December was a difficult month anyway. First birthday and Christmas without my daughter, I’m struggling every day and it’s going to be the first anniversary soon. So sorry to hear about your daughter.

1 Like

Losing your daughter is one of the hardest things. For me l also lost my best friend. I was in shock through out the first year.
I don’t think I will ever be the same again, it certainly has changed me.
I look at life differently now, my husband got me through it,We went through our grief at different times when I look back after the initial shock of losing my daughter suddenly l was in the anger stage for at least another year. I would get annoyed at others and questioned why my daughter had to die while others didn’t. I knew this was not right to think this way but to be honest l just felt like l was in a fog battling my way through it.
That’s when I knew Lizzie my daughter would not be happy with me so after 2 years of her death I went to university and after part time study as a mature student . I got my PGCE six years after Lizzie died.
I still miss her and l always will but she was a battler and l wanted her to be proud of me.
So hang in there, it’s horrible losing a child of any age but please be kind to yourself and take small steps . Accept you will change after all you have lost part of you.
But when you are ready remember her and what she was like and in time it may hopefully help

2 Likes

I still struggle to get up some days but I force myself because although I’m broken hearted life does go on, I put on a smile when inside I’m falling apart.
I go through different stages of guilt, anger, crying at things people would think silly, why did it have to be my daughter and I get lost in my thoughts about everything.
It’s coming up to the anniversary of her passing, I want to do something to remember the beautiful caring girl she was. The pain I feel is indescribable, people keep saying to me “ I can’t imagine what you’re going through “ and it’s true unless like us they’ve lost a child.

2 Likes

I agree, I have lost both my parents and recently my husband.
To loose the love of my life was really hard we have known each other since l was 14 . I am now 63
To go back to my daughter death date I personally don’t do anything I rather celebrate her birthday. It sounds silly but l go to the cinema she loved, then a meal and remember her laughter and the good times we had together xxx

2 Likes

PS to remember my Lizzie and my hubby both have their names on the heart of steel.
I live near Sheffield. Also l have a rose tree at my front door the rose is called Elizabeth and flowers twice per year. It makes me smile when it is on flower :hibiscus:. I know it sounds silly but it helps me xx

1 Like

I’ve lost both my parents, my brother and then my youngest daughter, it’s been 9yrs in April since my dad passed away. I was closer to him than my mum who died in Dec 2011, I started having panic attacks and nightmares. My brother died in Dec 2018 from cancer, since my daughter passed away the nightmares and panic attacks have got worse.
My daughter was a huge fan of Disneys Stitch, so I want to get a tattoo of him in her memory. I’m in the process of moving, but when we have we want to do a little memorial garden. I have some forget-me-not seeds that the hospital gave us in a memory box xxx

1 Like