My daughter

I’ve been reading your posts for the last few days and want to make contact with this caring community.

My beloved daughter passed on on 9th March, a month after cancer making a last violent attack on her.
She went into hospital on 8th February, went home, hospital again, then into hospice (where she chose to be) on 23rd February.
She was married in the hospice to her long term partner on 24th February, my late mother’s birthday.
She passed on 9th March and her funeral was 21st March.
Her brother’s birthday was 25th March, a day he was in no mood tocelebrate

2 Likes

Hi Act1, I’m so sorry that you needed to join this community but I am also glad that you did as you go through this very sad time.
You said you have been reading some of the posts here which is what I did, and like you I found that this lovely community really understands what our unwanted journey involves.
I would urge you to continue to read, post when you can and share as much as you can whilst being gentle with yourself.
Sending you love and hugs x

Thank you so much Daisyrose.
I accidentally posted that before I finished.
I was going to say, after her brother’s non birthday there was my non Mothers day on the 27th. I asked for it not to be marked, though I did put up her card from last year, just that one. And Saturday, 2nd April, is her birthday. Then 6th April the birthday of her husband and also her late father, my ex husband. So many days, once so celebrated.
But I’m trying to talk to her, to keep her close.
Love to everyone, Ann

2 Likes

My daughters birthday is 7th April… it’s an awful feeling knowing you can’t fix it, bring her back or even talk about it to most people. I spend most of my time going over and over all that’s happened. I’m still struggling with acceptance, let alone the rest of a long, seems too difficult, journey to at least have some sort of life. I remind myself that what we can’t change, we have to accept. It feels like an important step.

1 Like

Thanks Nell.
I am trying not to dwell on the horrendous negatives, though that’s hard.
I’m trying to think of how glad I am that she came here to be MY daughter, how lucky I am for that, and how grateful I am for her :heart: being in my life.
I will always miss her, but nothing can take our love away.
A.

1 Like

Hello Daisyrose, Nell, Sue and others
I had not meant to start a new conversation here, it was a mistake, but it has been lovely to speak to you. I meant to post on an ongoing thread ‘loss of our son aged 27’ because I’ve read so many of their posts, it’s been going for 5 years and feel I know them already. But hope to speak to you again. Hope you all find some peace soon. Love and hugs Ann xx

1 Like