My friend is dying of lung cancer

I have to give distance support as they live a long way from me. Really, I am looking to chat with people who are going through a similar experience. I need a place where I can talk about it without the fear of upsetting other people or them just shutting down because it is such a hard thing to deal with.

Hi Mandy, I have been through this, my husband died at home from pancreatic cancer, I’m sure there are people on here who are going through it at the moment, I’m sure you will get support from this site, best wishes Jude xx

Hi Mandy,
I went through the same experience with my husband, Jason, who sadly died 5 months ago from lung cancer. He died at home which is what he wanted but it was so hard watching him slip away. It broke my heart xx

Thank you for sharing. I am so sorry for your loss. Sometimes, I feel almost mercenary for wanting my friend to die but he has been suffering since April and it keeps getting worse for him. I think when death comes it will be a merciful release…for us both. I hope you find some comfort in the wonderful memories you have of Jason. Here if you need to let out. I know that I do xx

Hi Mandy,
That must be so hard for you. Jason didnt really suffer for long thank god but it was the worst feeling ever watching him get worse and worse. Jason was such a wonderful man and I truly loved him and always will. I am always here if you need to talk xxx

I think the suffering has got to me. It must get to everyone. I can’t help him, anymore than talking with him. Sometimes that has been positive. It has not all been misery but he could have done with having someone who could got and sit and chat with him. I contacted Macmillan but they only offer a phone service and that is so impersonal. People, without family, really need someone to visit them, to chat with them about whatever the person wants them to. I feel pretty useless, really. I am relieved that Jason didn’t suffer too much but it so strange when beloveds aren’t with us. My boyfriend of 14 years died when he was 41. That was 7 years ago. Grief, so they say, is the price you pay for loving someone. It is a tough gig. Sending you warm hugs xx

Really sounds like you have been through hell and still are and I feel for you. Is there a local hospice that would have someone to come and visit face to face? My local hospice were great for Jason, coming in every day. It might be worth asking xx