My gem

I lost my 38 year old daughter in February 2022 , she fell I’ll the day before and passed the next day , turned out it was an unknown blood clot that hit the lungs and apparently passed strait away , to say I’m lost is an understatement the shock the grief , upset , feeling down just doesn’t seem to go away , but what shocks me the most when people turn around and say I think it’s time you moved on now , from people who don’t even have any children and spend there life’s travelling around the world , well thanks for that , it’s made me feel so much better , ( not )

3 Likes

Hi Tapps,

Thank you so much for sharing this with the community :blue_heart: I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I just wanted to let you know that you have been heard and you are not alone.

Take good care,
Alex

I’m so very sorry for your loss. The people saying these stupid, thoughtless things to you have obviously never lost anyone close. Ignore these people. They have no idea what they’re talking about and therefore are of no consequence. I wish I could take away your pain. Nobody ever expects to outlive their children and I know the pain must be indescribable. Keep posting and reading on this site. There will always be someone to listen and support you. Big cuddle to you. Jean xx.

Thank you jean

Sorry for your loss. It’s devastating, my daughter died January 2022. I wholeheartedly agree with you about some of the crass, thoughtless and dim comments that some people make. They come from a place of ignorance and complacency. They don’t know what they are talking about. Having experienced quite a lot of it I now listen for a sentence or two then shrug my shoulders and walk away. They can make what they like of that but I’m not gonna be there to hear it. It feels like damage limitation and it means I already know how to respond so it’s over quickly and decisively. We’re all different and you might find a better way for you to deal with it but you don’t have to soak up bad advice. Sending you all kindness xxx

Thankyou for your message and very sorry for your loss to , yes you are so right , people can be so heartless in what they say and haven’t a clue what you or me have been through and there very unlikely to find out , keep your spirits up , we shall never forget our daughters but can only pray things improve for us as time goes on , all the best Paul

1 Like