My Grandma

On 17th June this year I lost my Grandma and my best friend. 41 years of my life I had her with me. She was 96
I have never lost anyone close to me before and I’m really struggling with this.
Anxiety and depression are high.
I’m so angry then so sad
Confused and hurting

1 Like

Hello @kellylouise20,

I’m so sorry to hear about your grandma. It’s understandable you’re feeling hurt and confused having lost someone you love so much.

I’m glad that you’ve been able to share how you are feeling here and I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help you right now.

You mention that your depression and anxiety are high. Please do think about talking to your GP about what support they might be able to offer you - you matter and deserve help and support.

Take care - keep reaching out,

Seaneen

Hi @kellylouise20 im so sorry to hear of your loss. I think you might be similar to me. I lost mine in July and she was nearly 94 and I am nearly 36 and it’s the hardest loss I’ve ever dealt with. She was my best friend too and the closest family member to me. I miss her terribly. I hope you can find comfort from others on here and I am happy to chat more.