my Husband

My husband died in April we were together for 48 years I am finding it so hard to accept this the lonliness the sadness We only moved to a new home in February so I have no friends here which makes it so hard to cope with. I have made a big decision to move nearer to my children and old friends . and will be moving the end of July I hope that this will help me come to terms with my grief and unhappiness in time …

Welcome to the community Eve and thanks for sharing your story. I am so sorry to hear about your husband. You might find some of our information about coping with bereavement helpful http://support.sueryder.org/practical-emotional-advice/how-can-i-cope-bereavement There is no ‘right’ way to grieve and what you are feeling is perfectly understandable. It can help to have people to talk to and you’ve made a big decision to move and be nearer to your children and your old friends which might help you feel less isolated. Do feel free to post on this community whenever you feel like talking to somebody or sharing how you feel. The community is quite new but we have already had posts from lots of people in a similar situation. I hope the move goes well.

I too am finding it difficult to cope with the loss of my husband of 61 years who died over 2 years ago . I spend most of my time alone as my family do not live nearby and because I am also physically handicapped after suffering stroke .

1 Like

I spend lots of my time alone that’s why I am moving back to be near my son and some of my old friends I can only hope this helps me cope with my sad feelings I feel very alone at the moment… as you probably do especialy as your family are not nearby …I move to Buckinghamshire at the end of the month do keep in touch I think we all need friends or people to chat to I feel so lonely particularly in the evenings Eve

I spend lots of my time alone that’s why I am moving back to be near my son and some of my old friends I can only hope this helps me cope with my sad feelings I feel very alone at the moment… as you probably do especialy as your family are not nearby …I move to Buckinghamshire at the end of the month do keep in touch I think we all need friends or people to chat to I feel so lonely particularly in the evenings Eve

1 Like