My husband

Hi my name is Maureen and i lost my soul mate, my best friend and my husband 6 weeks ago. I just dont know where to turn we were together for 50years, and i just feel numb angry and im looking for him everywhere I cant sleep crying all the time i just want to be with him im so lost and heart broken. I just think nothing makes any sense anymore and nothing to live for.

4 Likes

@Angels21 So sorry for your loss. I lost my husband last June and we were together for 50 years so I know where you are coming from. It is so so hard to deal with. I still miss him every day but sometimes dont cry for days and then it hits me all over again. I go from being sad to angry and then thinking very lucky to have had him in my life for 50 years and we were very happy. Take care of yourself. Sending a virtual hug. Ann xx

2 Likes

Hi…so sorry you are in this club, as I am for everyone who is here. I am 14 months in and all I can offer is the knowledge you have started a journey we are all on…and continue on…and it’s a hard journey…and there is no end. We all just learn to navigate the route to wherever we are at any given point…day by day. But…we all do. So one day at a time… nothing more…:heart:

4 Likes

I can sympathise as i lost my soulmate in January too.
42 years a couple and this our Ruby wedding year too.
Life is so cruel. Everyone, judging by this site, seems greive in a different way.
I loved my Susan with all my heart and i was proud to be her husband. She worried how I would cope on my own and made me promise to take care of myself and im doing my best …for her.

3 Likes

Tony died last December! We were 57 yrs married! He was always fit and strong with hardly any illness at all until the last year when he developed bladder cancer! Although we were told it was aggressive and not curable, radiotherapy contained it for about 6 months then it came back with a vengeance and spread to bones which we didnt expect!! Hateful, cruel disease! Three months down the grieving track, utter sadness is constantly present even with fantastic family support! A friend said “we live until we feel alive again” but will we ever? big hugs to all x

2 Likes