My husband

This is the first time posting anything, sadly my husband passed away on the 30th October 2022 but it still feels as though it has just happened l don’t know what to do anymore without him l was with him from the age of 16 and we have 4 grown kids and 5 beautiful grandbabies. People tell you it gets easier but it just feels worse everyday. Its my 50th birthday in April and l thought we would be together well into our 80s even 90s l just don’t know how l can live another 30 yrs without him he wascmy soulmate and l am so lost and feel empty inside.

2 Likes

Hello @Akm74

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. I’m so sorry to hear about your husband. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through. You might find posts in the Losing a partner category a helpful place to start here.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take good care,
Lizzie

I am so sorry for your loss It is so difficult to cope sometimes after a death of someone you really loved My husband died last year and miss him so much U have my deepest sympathy
. I hope you are looking after yourself It’s so easy to neglect the basics when you are grieving Be kind to yourself Be patient It takes time to get used to this new reality Blessings

1 Like

I lost my brother and he was way too young, in October 2022. He didn’t live with like your husband did. One day in heaven I’ll see my little brother and mother and father and all will be blessed to see unite,happy together for eternity. I know when my brother is around he was much younger but I can sense him being protective. My first reply on here. Love to you

1 Like