My husband

Its been 5 years since I lost my husband.
It seems like its getting harder every day.
I have to stay strong for my children.
I don’t know how to cope anymore

1 Like

Hello @Lesley11 ,

I can see that you’re new to the community, so I wanted to say that I am so sorry for the loss of your husband that brings you here.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help right now.

You may also find this Sue Ryder article helpful -
How long does grief last? Talks through the timeline of grief, from hours to years.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

Hello Lesley, sorry you are feeling this way. I only just saw your post. I am recently widowed and usually just look at the ‘lost a partner’ category. I find this site to be very helpful and it makes me feel less alone in my grief. It’s been a lifeline for me. If you look at the other categories I hope you will find lots of support from people.
Hugs xx

2 Likes

Hi Lesley. So sorry you are struggling and it must have been so difficult for you over the last 5 years trying to manage everything on your own.
Have you got people around you to support you ?
I’ve got kids too who have recently lost their dad and they are struggling so much as they loved him dearly and he was a huge part of their life. I find it so hard to managed my own grief as well as theirs.
There is support out there to help if you are feeling overwhelmed and this site here has lots of folk to offer support and understanding.
Keep posting - you aren’t alone in this awful road
Sending love and hugs xxx

Hi Lesley. I’m so sorry to hear about your husband and that you are struggling. It is so hard to be strong for the children isn’t it? What age are yours? Mine are 30 and 23 and I find that I can barely cope with my own grief let alone theirs but I know they are relying on me more than ever now their dad has passed so like you I try to be strong. It actually distracts me from my grief at times.
Have you talked to anyone about your feelings? Perhaps you need someone to support you such as a good friend or a grief counsellor. Sharing your thoughts on here is a good idea as you will find that people do understand and empathise with your feelings as they have been in a similar situation.
Sending you a big hug. xx