My husbands death

I’m so so sorry for your loss . It’s especially hard since it could have been avoided . I lost my husband in 3rd September he was only 66 I’m 55. The loss those first 4 months was immeasurable and you can’t explain to anyway the depth of your grief. Like you I just did not want to wake up in the morning would have gladly just fell asleep felt as though life was pointless without Alex . I don’t have any children but I have a niece who is like a daughter and the month after Alex death she gave birth to a baby boy and even that coujd not lift me up I still just wanted to be with Alex . It is just now coming up to 7 months later that I can think more clearly . Yes there are still days mostly nights if I’m honest where I’d be glad no to wake up and the only thing that keep me here seriously are my two dogs as one is old and a bit crazy and I did not want them to have to be rehomed they kept me here . What I am probably trying to say is the now try and focus on getting through each hour don’t think too far ahead . I know you will not have much faith in your gp but speak to them how you feel or the maggies centre. I can’t say it gets easier you learn to live each day further down the line a bit different or to your old life . It really is still so so very raw for you just now … sending you all my thoughts and hugs xx

1 Like