My husbands death

My husband became seriously I’ll one sat in November first response arrived very quick my son and I were told he was seriously I’ll he called another ambulance he was rushed in hospital blue lights taken into resus then told he had pneumonia he then took a turn for the worst me and my sons were told to get their as soon as we could he was then put on life support we was then told he has lung cancer he right lung had been totally eaten by the cancer and his left lung had a massive hole in it their was nothing they could do we had to have his life support turned off he was gone within seconds I am truly heartbroken we was married for 36 years he was only 59 I am really not coping without him :broken_heart:

1 Like

Im so sorry for your loss i lost my partner last April lung cancer and its devastating .You will be amongst good people here and get lots of support xxx

Thankyou I am also now homeless and staying with my mum at the moment which is so hard I just can’t imagine my life with him he was a wonderful husband and a great dad it is just getting harder each day :broken_heart:

2 Likes

Its very early days fo you and then the stress of losing your home on top must be realy hard so sorry stay on here for support and we do understand and its a lifeline .I know there are others thats lost their homes too on this site sending you love and support xx

Sorry for ur lose chin up

Hi there . From Jeff . So sorry you have lost you man . I lost my darling girl of 48 years to this awful thing called cancer . It steals people’s lives . And the ones left behind are left devastated and lost . Over 2 years for me . All I can say is all the best to you !!

1 Like

Toggles,
So very sorry for your loss big hugs ,
I lost my husband suddenly October 2022 he had a cardiac arrest whilst driving ,
I was with him and managed to stop the car ,people were trying to rescuitate him in the Road
I was blue lighted to hospital in a police car following the Ambulance he passed 2 hours later,
Feel for you not a journey we all want to be on ,
I walk a lot and try to go once a week with a friend ,
Take care
Sue

1 Like

Hi I wish I could say it get easier, it becomes more bearable for different times on different days. My husband died of lung cancer in september I miss and speak to him every day it makes me feel as if he can still hear me. Please try if you can and get out in the fresh air for a walk it really does help to get outside even just to have wind on your face . I have dogs so I take them out every day and I have been surprised at how kind people are to me when they realise I have recently lost my husband. I am truly sorry for your loss the pain is so real at times its physical I know. xx

1 Like

Your are so right . I was on pills from the docs for a time . Got shot of them now the only medication i use are my walking boots x

3 Likes

sitting here feeling soooo sad today - surely grief should be easing after three months? Chose to stay at home by myself this last weekend (out of choice usually with family) trying to forge new independence but not sure it good idea! Will the devastation ever end? love to all x

So sorry for your loss - I lost my husband in October 2022 from a rare and incurable form of cancer - within 12 weeks we had gone from planning our joint 60th/ retirements to a hospice and then he was gone - no
words can ever make it better -

Al i will say is your are right when you say no words will make it better . I have heard them all . So i wont offer any but to say hope you can find so peace along the way . Take care x

1 Like

And you too…

They always say it gets easier but it still hurts

1 Like

You will be able to forge on - remember: moving on isn’t moving away- it’s just about learning to love the new life that you didn’t choose and it being ok to cry /rage along the way X good luck

I agree . Thats how i feel about my trip to Vietnam this Wednesday . My heart is telling me i carnt do it but my head is saying i must i must . I can’t just give up . As that would be to disrespect my darling girl and thats something i would never do !! X

U will enjoy it . Wish it was me going

I went to visit my son and family in Australia last April - it was sad not having Rob by my side but he told me to get out and live the life we were going to share - so as you say would be disrespectful not to - embrace it all :+1:

As you quite rightly put it . If we don’t Forge on then we give up and we can’t let that happen . I will never forget my girl not even for a second to do so would be to forget the 48 incredible years we shared together !! All the best x

I lost my husband on 1st February, 2024. He died because he should have had his gallbladder removed. They said he was on a waiting list and it could take up to 6 months. We waited and waited, tried to get our gp to help but they were useless!! In December he had another gallstone removed but he just got worse, the surgeon on A and E said “weve let you down”. He died of multiple organ failure, sepsis of the abdomen etc etc. Thats what makes it worse it was preventable!!! I miss him so much and cant bear my life without him, i wish i could go to sleep and not wake up so i could be with him in heaven!! Ive got three lovely sons, family and friends who have been supporting me but they cant bring him back and they would be devastated if i died too. I feel trapped in my life with nothing now to look forward to. People say its early days and thats bad for me as i see loneliness for years without him.