My Husbands Inquest Yesterday

My darling Mark passed away suddenly on 8th December 2022. It was his inquest conclusion yesterday and has been recorded as Accidental Death further to Sepsis from a dog bite (our little dog accidentally bit him when she was taking a biscuit treat from him) along with coronary heart disease. My statement was read out in court and I was able to thank the NHS and all the amazing doctors and nurses who worked so hard to save him even though they knew it was in vain; I am proud that the coroner commended me for my words of praise as he said so many choose to complain and criticise those who we rely on in our time of greatest need and I feel I honoured Mark’s memory by doing so.
I feel that Mark is now back with me forever, as I have had to share him with the judicial system waiting for the inquest since he passed away. I love and miss him desperately but today I feel a calmness that he is now at peace and I can relive our treasured memories and hold him deep in my heart forever more.

7 Likes

Hi @Markswife ,

Thank you so much for sharing this with the community :blue_heart: I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I just wanted to let you know that you have been heard and you are not alone.

Take good care,
Alex

@Markswife
Dear Markswife
I admire you. How very proud would your lovely Mark be of you for what you have just done.
In the midst of your deep grief you have stood up, thanked all involved who helped him and been very dignified, not many people would have been able to do that. As you rightly said, you should be proud of yourself.
I hope now you know Mark is at peace you also find peace in your heart too.
sending love xx

3 Likes

I just wanted to send you a big hug & commend you for your dignity in what must have been an incredibly sad & difficult situation. I hope the fact that you’ve been able to behave in this way gives you some peace & helps you move on.

2 Likes