My late daughter

Hi Membp4,

Thank you for your kind words.

It has helped to know there are people like yourself who are going through a similar situation. It is a case of taking one day at a time. Sometimes it just comes over me like a big wave and other times it’s like a smooth ocean.

Friday will be a difficult day, but family will be there to help me through it. Hope you are doing ok today :crossed_fingers:

Hi Marie_D,

Thank you for your kind thoughts. We have both suffered a terrible loss, so difficult to bear. I am sorry that you won’t have any grandchildren, I find my son’s 3 boys helped me to focus over Christmas - it was just for them really.

It is a comfort to know there are people like yourself out there who know what the loss of a child feels like.

I hope you’re having a reasonable day today. I find the miserable weather isn’t helping atm

One day at a time :pray:.

Hi
I am Ghaz and also going through difficult time and unable to sleep in some nights and always question why it’s him.Fit and healthy boy jus suddenly diagnosed for NHL and died in a year.
Just want to say to everyone who lost their young child to keep busy and stay strong, life is different and we can’t do anything about it rather than blaming ourselves

Hello,
I have only been on this forum a day or so and have come across your post. I lost my daughter, aged only 41 to Ovarian cancer in October, so am finding it all very difficult. I feel empty inside with a heavy ache at the same time.

Christmas was very tough, and her birthday is coming up this Friday, so another tough day. I miss her so much although it wasn’t as if I saw her every week. She used to message me most days, and I miss seeing them on my phone. I will carry her with me in my heart forever.

Take care

Thank you for your kind words. Hopefully we will all be able to move on in some way although life will never be the same again, we may all be able to find some kind of new norm ( even though it’s not what we want).
My love to everyone who is in this same horrible boat, stay strong xx

1 Like

We will all move on. But remember we will all do it in our own time. Thats the thing grief has no time line. Its alwaya good to chat with people who understand. I also had counselling from sue ryder which really helped.

Please be kind to yourself more than anything.

Take My Grief
Do you want my grief,
Please for a moment
Take it please,
Hold it next to your heart,
Feel it burn and tear you apart
Please I beg of you,
Ease my mind,
Give me sleep for just one night,
Get the flashbacks, The heart stopping pangs
The helplessness from losing my way,
Can you feel my grief,
Hold it close,
It will bring you to your knees
Your soul will yell, it will scream,
Can you hear it bellow while it takes your peace,
Your body aches, your mind stands still,
You live in the past, where things were real
Help me friend,
I ask of you,
Take this grief,
For a day or two,
Just long enough, so I can clear my head,
So I can pretend my child’s not dead.
Written By: Charla Norman

Thank you for your kind words. It certainly helps chatting to people who really understand.

1 Like