My loss

Hi there, I lost my mum 8 weeks ago after she lost her battle with blood cancer. My mum was my best friend and I spoke to her every day. She was my ‘go to’ and she was always there. She was an incredible woman with an incredible heart and I miss her so much. I have 3 children so keep going for them but sometimes just wonder what the point of it all is. The waves of pain can be so hard to bare but I do have other times where I feel ok. It’s just so hard

3 Likes

SBevins, I’m so sorry for your loss. I lost my mom about a month ago and it’s been very hard to take so I have some idea about what you are going through. I lived with her all my life and I’m 74, so that’s a long, long time to be with someone. My dad died in 2002 but, frankly, I didn’t experience anywhere near the pain I’m suffering now probably because we weren’t that close but with mom, it’s like losing a limb. You have 3 kids and maybe when you look into their eyes you see a hint of mom in them. I hope so and at least part of your mom lives on through them.

Thank you for the message. It does bring comfort knowing many people are going through the same. I’m 46 so I feel robbed of the time I could have had with my mum. Like you, I was so much closer to my mum than my dad which makes the loss so colossal. Knowing my mum wouldn’t want me to give up does keep me going.

1 Like

I can understand your pain. I rang my mum every day on the way home from work. She died at the start of January. Sometimes the waves of grief are so hard to bear.
Sending you much love, be kind to yourself xx

1 Like

Thanks for the message. I just feel so robbed of time with her. I long to talk to her again and it hurts thinking the rest of my life will be without her. Do you have those feelings? I’m 46 and my mum was 78.

1 Like

I’m 46 as well, mum was 87.

I’d give anything for another phone call. I wish I’d kept something with her voice on, taken more pictures, been there more… all the regrets that i can’t undo.

I came along late in their lives, after my dad died, my mum apologised to me because I only had 46 years with him (whereas my older brother had 67 years with them)

I feel all sorts of things… robbed of their love and time with them is one thing for sure, but also given their age i also feel so grateful that i had those 46 years. They got to see me grow up, become a mum and a grandmother (i have an older step child) they spent time with my son that when i was 20 i didnt think they would ever do.

I had the best 46 years with them x

2 Likes

Hi, sorry for the loss of your Mum, it sounds like you had a lovely relationship with her. I lost my Mum ten weeks ago and like you, am still trying to deal with adapting to her absence. It’s so painful, knowing that we won’t be able to spend time together again. I spend a lot of time thinking about her and different memories of the past. I had no warning of her death, it was a shock and I took it for granted that she would be around for years. I know I was very fortunate to have had such a mother but it doesn’t make the loss any easier. Best wishes to you xx

1 Like