My Lost Love (Poem)

It’s 30 weeks this afternoon that I lost the love of my life.

I have only just lost you, the pain is hard to bear.
Do I have to go through life knowing you’re not there?
Please, someone explain to me why he had to go.
Are there any reasons, I really need to know?
I sit here and remember all the lovely times we shared,
The talks, the laughter, of everyone you cared.
I am told the pain will ease in time
And I will think of him without a tear,
But that will be impossible as I need to have him here.
He was my very world, my ever guiding star.
Just kiss me softly on the cheek and tell me where you are.

5 Likes

@sad2 hi sad I am so sorry I can feel your pain in every word and it breaks my heart that so many of us are going through this horrendous journey of grief and I so wish I could give you some words of comfort but sadly I don’t have any all I can say is I understand your pain and loss and I’m often around if you ever want to chat stay safe and please take care thinking of you today sending love and hugs x

Thank you Casey.
Your words are so comforting and caring. I read your posts and they are always so tender and heart wrenching, I can only imagine the pain and heartache you are going through with the loss of your beloved Pauline.
I know it’s 30 weeks since I lost Alan, but not a day goes by that I don’t cry. He’s on my min day and night. I wonder when the pain will ease, or if it ever will. Is this normal to still be feeling like this?
Thank you for your support. Sending you a big hug too x

@sad2 i don’t know if it will ever ease i think the pain will always be there because we loved them so deeply as they did us from what i read on here the pain is always there but we learn to live with it and live around it i think you and me and many others on here are a very long way of from that like you and others on here i miss pauline so much i don’t see a future without her but i have to keep going for her and our pets alan would want you to carry on i know it hurts like hell and everyday its so painful you are a strong woman and nothing can ever take away the beautiful love you and alan shared im sure he is still there watching over you and i do hope you get some momments of peace x

Dear sad2

Approaching the 12 month mark very soon. I do not say the date and can never write it. It was the day that my world was torn apart and life turned to an existence. I cry every day from the moment I get up. Even when with family if they leave the room I find myself silently crying because I just so need my husband by my side. The heartache will always be there. My husband was the essential part of me and without him is just unbearable.

Thinking of you. x

1 Like

This is precisely how I feel with regard to the loss of my wife, Sheila. You are not alone.

1 Like