My lovely sister

Hi i lost my sister in August this year .im really struggling as it was alcohol that killed her .i found her in her flat .i feel i let her down even though i tryed all i could to help her with her addiction. The rest of the family didn’t want anything to do with her she was only 56.i dont know how to move on i feel so sad all the time .

3 Likes

Hello @Misslammas ,

I can see that you’re new to the community, so I wanted to say that I am so sorry for the loss of your sister that brings you here.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help right now.

You may also find this Sue Ryder article helpful, take a read when you feel ready Sibling loss: coping with death of your sister or brother | Sue Ryder

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

So sorry to hear about the loss of your sister. There is still so much stigma attached to addiction which makes it even harder for you to cope with her loss .Take care of yourself and talk about your sister the good times and the not so good times if you can.