My mum passed away a week ago - husband has lost any sympathy for me already

Hi
My mum passed a week ago we watched her die a very uncomfortable death she had terminal agitation and it was the hardest thing I’ve ever done.
My husband has delveloped a cough/cold about 3 days ago and has been extremely un sympathic towards me since.
I feel I should stop grieving and look after him although I’ve got the same virus.
Have I had engouh time being upset should I be back to normal ?
Am I being selfish ?

There’s no time limit on grief, a week after…I doubt it’s even hit you yet. I’m three months in and still feel numb/shock. Grief is a strange thing, hits in different ways and different to each person. Look after yourself. I’m sorry about your husband’s behaviour, you are number one here, remember that and be kind to yourself.

1 Like

Dear Luise45
You are NOT being selfish whatsoever! Unlike some, I would go so far as to say it is your HUSBAND who is the selfish one! You have only just lost your mom, that is a massive event! Maybe your husband is simply being tactless, thoughtless or even jealous as your thoughts are obviously eleswhere. Of course, I don’t know him. But anyway, at the moment your priority is yourself, your own sanity and well being. I’m sorry to say there will probably be much grieving to come, so you MUST think of yourself right now. Having lost my own mom, I have felt my own world turned right upside down, and been prone to many ailments. I have had to learn to try and put myself first now, not always easy if you have family! Take care xx Debbie