My mum passed away on the 29th dec

My dad & my brother are finding it a difficult time to get through

Hi Andy,

Welcome to the Sue Ryder Online Community. I’m so sorry to hear about your mum passing away. It is really early days for you and your dad and brother, so it’s important to be very kind to yourselves and each other and allow yourselves to grieve. You may find that you all need to grieve in different ways, but it can help if you try to talk to each other about your mum and how you are feeling.

I’m glad that you’ve found this site, as this can be another good place to get things off your chest. Our users here are a supportive and understanding lot. While you wait for some more replies to your post here, you may also find it helpful to have a read of other posts in our Losing a Parent section and see if you feel like replying to any of them. You will probably see that you are not alone in much of what you are feeling.

If there’s anything I can help with, or you have any questions about using the Online Community, you can contact me on online.community@sueryder.org, or send me a private message.