My mum passed away yesterday

I don’t know where to start,but my mum has been ill for sometime,she had been in hospital since November,and she had a number health issues but we thought mum was coming home with carers but it wasn’t meant to be.Life has been just me and mum since my dad died 25 years ago,and I’m not sure how I’m going to cope.I am an only child and lived with my mum so I’m just so lonely,I was wondering if anyone else had been through this and how to cope? Many thst

3 Likes

@Bookworm

I am very sorry to hear about your mum and unfortunately I am in the same position as yourself in that after my mum passed I have been left on my own. I too am an only child and my mum and I shared a house so now it’s just me.

Do you have any friends or family around you to help you? However when all you want is your mum it’s hard to see straight.

I am just trying to focus and get through one hour at a time and trying not to look to far ahead as if I do all I see is nothing x

Sorry not cheering you up but just wanted to let you know I am in similar position as you so you are not alone in that.

Thinking of you and if I can be an ear for you to bend just post.

Suzanne x

2 Likes

@Suzanne30 Thank you so much for replying and I am sorry for your loss too,it’s good to know I’m not alone in my situation.

I try and take one hour at a time,but I just sit here crying I’ve never felt such pain,so it’s good to chat to you.Like you I try and look ahead and see nothing.I work from home too,so this is not helping.I can’t eat or sleep.

I tried talking to my doctor but they said they would be able to offer me counselling as it is so recent and same story with antidepressants,I did try using a grief chat with a counsellor,but it just made me worse.Talking to you is really helping to see I’m not on my own.

2 Likes

@Bookworm

My heart feels for you as I remember the pain of my first two weeks it out my mum and would not wish that on my worst enemy. It physically hurt missing her and I remember saying to my friend that I literally couldn’t go on and when I’m days off from work I still often feel so lonely I don’t see the point. We had a holiday booked in May that had been postponed cause if damn Covid so feel kinda cheated that we’ll never get.

I know you may feel there is no point but do you have any hobbies or interests that could even give you 5 mins peace? x

I seem to have been a bit more fortunate that you in that my dr gave me some low dosage diazepam to help me a little as I was so exhausted.
I too felt the same with the livechat counselling because I felt that the poor person maybe had about 2-3 chats going at once and through no fault if their own wasn’t able to focus.

Just message any time as I empathise all too well,

Suzanne x

@Suzanne30 it’s just so raw at the moment and I can’t comprehend anything.I love reading and have a book blog and book account on instagram which I used to love but I haven’t even picked up a book today I can’t focus.I also do knitting and embroidery but because I was in the middle knitting and embroiderying something for mum,I can’t even bear to pick it up.

I just can’t bear the loneliness.I am so sorry about your holiday,covid has been awful for so many reasons.

That’s good your doctors have given you something,I will go back to see if they will give me something as I really need it I think.I’m hoping like you things will get easier but at the moment everything is just so raw

Thank you for taking the time to write to me,it means so much

2 Likes

@Bookworm

I understand completely as I was (hope to get back to it at some point) a very keen amateur photographer and took photos of absolutely everything and my mum was my biggest fan (aren’t they always lol) but since she passed in Dec I have not taken any photos at all as don’t see the point . However I said this on another post and a lively person commented that perhaps when time was right maybe do something with my photography in her memory and that’s what I will aim to do when I can focus.

If you ever just wanna chat feel free to message me direct or post her and I’ll get back to you.

Suzanne x

@Suzanne30 Photography is a great hobby,not a skill I possess,I cut heads off people,mum used to take the photo’s,but she hated having her picture taken.I hope you do something with your photography,your mum would be proud.
I tried to read a book just now,but the words blurred into one.
Thank you so
Much I will do that,I feel
Like I’ve made a friend who can relate with me,thank you so much

1 Like

Feel free anytime x

1 Like