My mum

I lost my wonderful mum on 21st June this year. She was dead within 7 weeks of first seeing a Doctor and I don’t understand how she’s not here. I feel so utterly lost and do not know how to live without her. I’ve tried to go back to work but this grief is so overwhelming I can’t get out of bed. I don’t know how to get up and not be sad

2 Likes

I am so sorry you are going through this too, the pain is beyond comprehension. I lost my mum on 25th September, we had her funeral last week, like you I am completely overwhelmed with grief, she is everywhere, I am literally crying myself to sleep at night, she is the first thought of the day, and last thought at night. My family are wonderful, but it seems to be me who is struggling, I have no interest or motivation in anything, it is like a huge void. I feel I cannot tell them because I don’t want to make them as sad as I am too x

1 Like

Jayne & Hannah I understand your pain, I lost my Mum on 3rd September and I’ve never felt emotional pain like it. I don’t feel I can go on without her. Sending hugs :heart:

Hello Sparks,

I am so truly sorry for your loss, It’s unbelievable isn’t it? I also find the very worst time is in the evening/ night time. I feel inconsolable. As you say, you struggle to imagine moving forward with your life without your mum being in it. Just knowing I will never hold her hand, give her a hug, hear her voice, see that twinkle in her eye, all the things that I took for granted. I know that I should feel comfort in the knowledge that she is no longer in pain, which of course I am grateful for, but the feeling of hopelessness and heartbreak is just too raw. I know that I will get through, I have been told the pain lessens over time, so I am clinging onto this knowledge with both hands, and take each moment, hour, day one step at a time. X

1 Like

Sending hugs back to you

1 Like