My Mum

My Mum passed away at the end of July 2016. She was 79.5 years of age. Mum was my best friend and still is. I am hoping she’ll come back one day to see me.
I’ve had dreams about Mum. I feel lost without her.
I’ve bought 80th birthday cards for my Mum for her birthday in January 2017.
I used to spend a lot of time with Mum.
She depended on me for many things like taking her shopping, accompanying Mum to medical appointments, driving to the GP for her doctors appointments and going to visit relatives.
Mum could not drive so she would ask me to go with her to various places.
Mum loved shopping, she was a bargain hunter.
I am wondering where my Mum is at present.
I talk to her but she has not replied yet.

Hi Sonny,

Welcome to the Sue Ryder Online Community. I’m so sorry to hear about your mum passing away and how lost you are feeling.

It sounds as though you were very close to your mum and did a lot to support her. It is nice that you would take her on shopping trips - I’m sure you have some happy memories of bargain hunting together.

I’m glad that you have found this site and I hope that it helps a little bit to be able to write down how you are feeling, as well as your memories of your mum. There are lots of supportive people here who understand what it is like to lose a parent.

For example, Jen has recently lost her dad, and she also spent a lot of time caring for him while he was ill: https://support.sueryder.org/community/coping-death-loved-one/struggling-grief Feel free to post a reply to Jen if you can relate to what she wrote.

If you have any questions about the site, or if there’s anything I can help with, just give me a shout.

Priscilla
Online Community Manager

Thank you for your kind message Priscilla. I live in my parents house so I am thinking about Mum daily.
I’ve been going to the shops where Mum and I went and I do feel sad that I am doing this alone now.
I used to sometimes pick up Mum from the bus stop when she was returning home so that she would not have to walk.
Mum always had a shopping trolley with her and I would put this in the car when picking her up.
I walked some of those routes today which Mum took in the past when going shopping and returning home.
Mum’s bedroom has been left exactly how she left it which was tidy.
One of my sisters came to the house and washed Mum’s bed sheets.
I’ve been playing the music and songs that Mum listened to and feel sad but happy also because I think Mum knows I am playing her music.
All of Mum’s clothes and wardrobe have been kept just as she left them.

I do feel lost without my Mum because she was everything to me.
Mum was my best friend and I still await her return.