My Mum

My mum passed away on the 24th July. No illness, she had a heart attack as a result of a massive blood clot on her lung. It was only found as she fell over at home and it moved into her lung. Her funeral was yesterday. I have spent most of today crying. I miss her so much. I know I always will but want this pain to pass. I am spending time with my dad (he lives down the road( but don’t want to make his grief worse. They would have been married for 50 years on the 2nd August. I just feel so empty and lost. I don’t want to do anything. I just want to stay in bed and cry. I have never known a feeling like this. Sorry- I’m rambling.

Oh goodness annalou1975! I’m so so sorry. The pain is awful I know, but it’s too soon for you to make much effort. Can you talk to someone, a friend you trust or a counsellor? It’s so very important to let emotions out.
Staying in bed all day and crying. Oh yes, so many have done that and still do. It will happen, but eventually little chinks of light will show through and you may want to do more.
Would you be adding to your dad’s grief if you are with him? I very much doubt it. He will also need all the support he can get as you do.
You are not rambling, and don’t say sorry. None of us want to be here, but we all share a common problem, and I have found sharing such a help.
The pain does pass. You will never forget. But the process of grief has to be gone through and accepted as part of the healing. To talk to you about healing at the moment may seem hollow, but healing even in a small way is possible.
Take it all one day at a time or even one hour at a time. Try not to look too far into the future at this moment. Blessings.