My partner passed away suddenly at home..

It has been five weeks now, my partner age 74, of 19 years, 17 of those living together passed away suddenly in his armchair at home mid day, between taking our dog to the pet groomers and taking a break before going back to collect him…

I’m so sorry my husband died unexpectedly too, in his sleep. It is shattering and devastating and I send you love.

1 Like

Thank you Lucy, it was very unexpected even though he did have medical issues, he was due at some point to have open heart surgery but on that fateful day it was just an ordinary day, or so I-we both thought…I know this shock has taken its toll with my MS of which I was only diagnosed with 4 years ago, and would you believe? on the exact same date he passed away…

Oh Lucy, just seen your first post…you lost your darling hubby Christmas Eve, I am so saddened… feel for you that Christmas will never be the same for you again…
I am so so glad I gave in and relented to buying and putting up a small Christmas tree last Christmas, I had that strangest feeling as if it would be our last together, little did I realise this would come true…

Hi I am so so sorry for your horrendous loss it’s utterly devastating my Edward my soulmate of seventeen years fell asleep in my arms six months and three weeks and two days ago today it’s utterly heartbreaking witnesing it all happen in front of my eyes we had all the future mapped out dreams and hopes to grow old together everything my life has been blown apart taken away so cruelly and tragically your in my thoughts theres alot of lovely people on here who will message you in my thoughts and prayers take care of yourself as much as possible Adele x

Thank you x

Ade, thank you…I am saddened you lost your hubby at such a young age…yes one would expect to have their whole young life ahead of them…One thing I am learning fast is it can be such a cruel cruel world and we never know what is waiting for us around that next corner…My late father would often say to me…" expect the unexpected…" well on this occasion this was the last thing I am sure either of us was expecting on this morning when we both got up to face what we believed to be just another day, the same as the day before, and the day before that day…

Jackie…

Hi there thankyou for your kind words means alot yes so very true we had our future mapped out dreams and hopes to grow old together everything my life has been blown apart taken away so cruelly and tragically every day is getting worse im saddened by your loss to as you and others we would be having tea watch television have a discussion about our day you know those little conversations even knowing they are there next to us or in the other room pottering around that good night kiss it’s utterly heartbreaking again im so sorry for your loss it’s utterly devastating in my thoughts here’s to another long lonely silent night full of sorrow and despair Adele x

Well here I am as usual awake and out of bed 5.30am, always been an early riser but this morning going into the kitchen to make my first cup of tea I was talking to Richard ( in my avatar photo ) that here I am starting another week and it will soon be another Bank holiday Monday when at one time we would have been visiting Stately Homes back in Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire such as Knebworth House, Hatfield House, all this because of the programme I was watching yesterday ( the antiques roadshow) of Stowe House, another craft fair or outdoor garden show we would have visited, I cried out to Richard that I just want our old life back, our house back in Bedfordshire, I want him back, our three dogs, I would give anything to go back to those days, we were younger, we had our health, we had our three dogs ( my fur babies ) what more can a person want…I can my small trusted runaround car and more importantly we had each other and our whole future ahead of us…I would give anything to put the clocks back, but not if it was going to repeat itself to where I am-we are today…

Jackie…

I’m off again, finished my breakfast, turned off the television and started my crying and talking to Richard again whilst looking at the armchair he died in…It is the same old things that I keep talking to him about, telling him at least he doesn’t have to take his morning medications ( pill popping as I used to call it ) nor take his inhaler ( his puffer puffer as I used to call it) or put his eye drops in, nor will he have to face having his cataracts done nor having another endoscopy going down his throat nor the biggy one we were the most fearful of was the open heart valve replacement surgery that he was told he needed…If there is any form of comfort is that he doesn’t have to put his body through any more of this but although Richard is now at peace, I am not at peace…And the worse thing is, I know he is somewhere here with me, just dont know where he is as of yet I have not received any spiritual sign telling me he has been made whole again…

Jackie…