My sister had always been ill.

Before she had cancer, she had other mental illnesses, some doctors described it as OCD but it was much more complicated than that. It was incomprehensible for most doctors. My mother tried everything in her power. Our childhood was difficult which shaped her illness, some of it was genetic too. I went through a lot too because of all of this but I thought I was doing well despite everything. But now I don’t, there is this intense sadness, hopelessness, aimlessness. When I tell people I don’t know when and how I’ll be able to get out of this, they say I will and I shouldn’t even doubt it, just put in my effort. But I just want to hear that whatever minimal effort I’m putting is enough and even it takes a lot of time for me to feel better, they’ll still be there to and not get tired of me. I can’t decide if thats justified or how to vocalise this particular feeling.

Hello Renee1,

I can see that you’re new to the community, so I wanted to say that I am so sorry for the loss of your your sister that brings you here.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help you right now.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,
Alex