My sister has just died

My sister died 2 weeks ago and each day I feel worse,I’m not sleeping,can’t be bothered to do anything and have no interest in my hobbies

1 Like

Hello Clairebear,
I lost my brother in November last year, each day since he is always in my thoughts and I still feel in shock that he is no longer with us, all our lives have changed and it is not the same now he has gone. Thoughts are with you and your family.

1 Like

Hi Clairebear and Orchid,

How are you both doing this week? I wanted to let you know that we have a new user called Daisylady who has just lost her brother. If either of you feel up to replying to her, I’m sure she’s appreciate hearing from you. Her post is here: https://support.sueryder.org/community/coping-death-loved-one/i-lost-my-brother-yesterday

1 Like

Hello all,
okay thank you, feeling a little better recently but waves of sadness wash over me from nowhere, so many emotions that come with grief and it is very individual to the person. I think you have to go through it in your own way. Happy to contact Daisylady. Thank you. x

I’m glad you are having some better times. Yes, you are right - everyone is different and your emotions may be very unpredictable. I hope you are able to find the ways of grieving that are right for you.

Dear Clair, I can relate to what you are saying. I lost my husband last August and my sister in February this year. My appetite is bad and I am not interested in anything. Just want wake up and feel a bit better. All my family are moving on but I just feel stuck. Anniexx

1 Like

It’s been a week since the funeral and 5 weeks since my sisters passing.the funeral was the worst day ever,I was hoping to mend bridges with my dad after 17 years but he just looked through he with hate in his eyes,I then had to stand feet in front of him to read my eulogy and managed to get through it without failing.
I am now going through the panic,disbelief and shock that she’s not longer here to talk to and supply me with my answers.
I’m going back to work tomorrow,as I took week off after funeral to try and motivate myself with a project but have done nothing in the whole week as just too exhausted.