My Son Elliot age 14 passed away

Thank you Holly xx

So sorry to hear this and I totally agree with the club no one wants to be in comment our son Sam passed away 14/4/18 suddenly in our home my husband performed CPR for 15 minutes until help arrived then air ambulance it was horrific and I have found the lovely people on here massively helpful sending love and understanding to you x

Sally

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, Can I ask how old your Son was? The BUK loss of a child support group on Facebook is very good too x

Dear Sally and Holly,
I was so sorry to hear about your son. My heart breaks for you. Tell us a little about your son, what he liked to do and what kind of character.
Big hugs to you xxx

Hi sally ā€¦ I havnt been in here for a while ā€¦ we still have no news from the coronor about Our son and itā€™s been 11 weeks ā€¦ we were made aware it would be a while ā€¦ people seem to be horrified that we have not been able to have a funeral yet ā€¦ but why ? It wonā€™t change anything ā€¦ it wonā€™t help move forward we n but I am becoming aware that it is something we will have to do ā€¦ and perhaps the weight of this is now pressing.
Thinking of you
Kirsty

My sons funeral was held up for a short while after he died in 2015 and I felt the same ambivalence as you . I believe in a life after this and have for a long time , not just since Nick died, so a big part of me didnā€™t mind, as I knew his spirit , and the real him, had already left , but after the funeral had taken place , and particularly when I look back on that truly awful time , I feel that it marked the beginning of what I know will be a life long quest to accept his departure from this life and to remember and cherish the short but amazing time I did have with him. Paul

I havenā€™t any other children, he passed away 24th November 2016

My son was 27 he would have been 28 on 22/6/18. Is the FB group suitable for someone who has lost an adult child.
Thanks,
Sal

Hi,
I agree that the weight of the delay regarding the funeral must be huge for you even subconsciously, we waited 3 and a half weeks for Samā€™s funeral and in one way I was not in any hurry to attend it but people kept saying that it was another step better taken sooner than later. I have no idea if this is the case as I canā€™t say I feel any different since the funeral but then it was only a week ago. from my experience of the actual day of the funeral I would have not stayed as long as I did at the refreshments part after the service as I found it very overwhelming with a huge amount of people. Look after yourself, thinking of you.
Sal

Charliedanā€¦I do feel for youā€¦I just hope you had and have family around you that can help you in your grievingā€¦I know it feels like your whole life as been taken away and there is nothing we can doā€¦ we are just living with memories and they are heartbreakingā€¦sending love to youā€¦Marina xxx