My Son Elliot age 14 passed away

My Son passed away suddenly on 9/3/18 from a rare genetic disorder

Hi Holly,

I’m so sorry to hear about your son passing away suddenly in March. I can only imagine what you’re going though right now, my heart goes out to you.

Do you have people around you who are supporting you & you are able to talk to about what you’re feeling?

There are lots of lovely supportive people in the community who will understand what you’re going through. You are not alone. I joined 4 years ago when my Mum died and found great comfort in the people who talked to me on the forum.

Please keep talking to us & take care. Trudy x

I’m so sorry I know what you’re going through my only child Daniel passed away suddenly after having an operation he got a blood clot I never thought in a million years that would happen I miss every second of every day its so hard

Yes I am lucky I have friends & family x

Sorry to hear of your loss x

So sorry for your loss. Do you have any other Children? Can I ask please when he passed x

1 Like

I don’t he was my only child

Im so sorry to hear this life is so cruel. My Husband of 20 years took his life 5 1/2 years ago and we were still struggling with the loss of losing him x

I’m so sorry to hear about your son. Its still so early for you to make any sense of anything and I wouldn’t even try at the present time . I would try and get some counselling if you can . I got some from st Helens hospice 2 about two and a half years ago when my 17 year old son died suddenly . It helped to talk to someone who wasn’t a family member or a friend to be honest . I’m not going to say much more because I know from personal experience that words are of limited help at this time except to say that I personally believe in a life after this one and without wanting to foist my views on you , it does help me to come to terms with what has happened . I’ll never forget him , I think about him all the time and talk to him all the time too. Paul

I found your response very helpful, Paul. I lost my daughter aged 42 very suddenly 10 weeks ago and am struggling. I am seeing my GP on Tuesday to ask for bereavement counselling.
I hope it helps to carry me through the pain. x

Thankyou for your message, I will have counselling as I had already arranged to have some for still grieving my Husband x

So sorry to hear of your loss. X

1 Like

No he was my only child

My beautiful daughter Marian died 4 days before Christmas. Till the end I thought she would get better and come home. My life is horribly bereft, but I do find as the days and weeks go by that the intensity of grief eases a little, and I can go out and do normal things, meet friends and get on with the jobs that are inevitably waiting to be done. I hope that in time it may be the same for you

I am so sorry for the loss of your Daughter. I am keeping busy as we are fundraising for Great Ormond Street Hospital. X

Hi my 13 year old ‘healthy, vibrant ‘ son passed away in his sleep on 28/2/2018. We wait to hear what may have happened and have not been able to have a funeral . I have lots of friends and loving family but they don’t know how I feel and I don’t want them to . I wouldn’t wish this on anyone but I find myself in a club that I don’t want to be a part of and yet now I seek people who I may be qbk to make a genuine connection with at this time.
Thoughts for you

I’m very very sad to read your post . My younger son died suddenly in August 2015. He too was healthy and there was no prior warning . He was 17. Neither of us would wish what’s happened to us on anyone but it has been helpful to me and I hope to you , to know that there are others who know from personal experience what you are going through .Paul

I’m am so sorry to hear of your losses. I joined The BUK loss of a child support group on Facebook. Everyone has been so lovely, perhaps if your on Facebook this may help x

Hi, I am so sorry for your desperately sad loss of your son. My daughter passed away suddenly three months ago and you are right when you say that you find yourself part of a club that you don’t want to belong to.
I have found that posting on this site has helped me as we have all been through such very sad times and people are so kind and thoughtful here.
I am thinking of you and sending you hugs. xxx

Victoria sorry for your loss. The Facebook Group I mentioned above is very good too x