My Son Mark

I lost my eldest son Mark," on the 23rd February this year,he was 56 .It was such a sudden death i still cant believe hes gone .Mark was a gentle soul who loved nature and wildlife, he had loads of friends the chapel was packed. He loved to travel and had been to loads of different countries throughout his life. He had several relationships but never settled down with anyone. He is so missed by everyone but especially me and his 2 younger brothers. This grief of losing a child is the worst i have known.

4 Likes

Hello @MyMark,

I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your son Mark. It sounds as though things are very tough at the moment, and how you are feeling is completely understandable.

I’m glad that you’ve been able to share how you are feeling here and I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help you right now.

Another good place to get support is [ * The Compassionate Friends on 0345 123 2304 https://www.tcf.org.uk/
They offer - for parents and families who have lost a child

Take care - keep reaching out,

Alex

My mark so very sorry for your loss we never expect our children to go before us uour all still in shock .remember his always in your heart pocket. Talk to him .bjg hugs zoe :heart:

1 Like

My heart reaches out to you and my soul. I lost my son a month ago - he was 57 and full of life and love. He died after a botched operation for obstruction in intestines. One minute he was here the next minute he was gone! Such utter shock! Such anguish and anger. I’ve never known such deep deep sorrow which creates such searing agony. Why? Everyone loved him. I don’t know how I’m to survive without him?

1 Like