My son Nick.

It’s 7 and a half years since Nick died, he’d be 25 on 1st April, no longer a boy but a fully fledged man. I think about him all the time, sometimes he’s in my dreams too but not as much as he used to be but always nice when it happens. His death has changed my life, Ive always had a positive outlook on life, its just the way I am, his death has reinforced that feeling, I’m a man in a hurry, constantly aware of the fleeting nature of life, even a life that runs to a normal length, increasingly conscious that it could end at any time, and tenaciously and constantly seeking out new experiences and determined to make the absolute most of the time I’ve got left (I’m 62). Im fitter than I’ve been since I was in my 40s, I exercise and eat well, I’m full of energy and enthusiasm and that’s down to him Of course, I’m also doing it to keep my mind occupied, to stop myself from feeling sad which I often do. Life is complicated. I want to live not just exist. Nick has made me understand that.

3 Likes

Hi @paulsm ,

Thank you so much for sharing this with the community :blue_heart: I’m sure your words will bring comfort to others.

Take good care,
Alex