My son.

My beloved son took his life 28th August 2022, i am truly beside luself with grief and cannot see a future without him. He lived with me, i found him l, he was my best friend. He was very poorly I know but why did he leave me? Im struggling so much without my beautiful boy. He was 25.

4 Likes

Hello @CM001 ,

I can see that you’re new to the community. I hope you find it to be a support to you, but I am so sorry for the loss of your son that brings you here.

You say you are feeling beside yourself with grief and really struggling without your beautiful boy. I wanted to share some sources of support that might help you right now.

• Child Bereavement UK support families with the loss of a child. They also support bereaved children. You can call their helpline on 0800 02 888 40.

• The Compassionate Friends support families who have lost a child of any age. You can call them on 0345 123 2304

Sue Ryder also has some resources which can help you cope with grief.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.
Take care,

Alex

1 Like

Just wanted to thank you for the information and for responding x

Ohh lovely i am so so sorry for your loss and i feel your pain. I wish i had answers for you but i dont. I believe that our loved ones never ever leave us. If you can, try and take a little comfort in thos. Alfhough they arent woth us in body, they are woth us in spirit. Sending you all my live.:broken_heart::heart:

Thank you for your lovely message.
Harry is always with me, i firmly believe that too x

@CM001 I am so sorry to read of your loss, yours is a situation I find impossible to contemplate. There are simply no answers.
Please, just try and live one day at a time, it’s impossible to believe that your son Harry would want what troubled him to destroy you too.
Don’t be afraid to ask for help and if people ask you how you are, tell them the truth, not perhaps what they’ll want to hear.
Try and be kind to yourself, don’t feel guilty for what you can’t change; a widowed friend told me that and it’s proved very good advice.
I can offer nothing other than my sympathy and the wish that with time solace will come.

1 Like

Thank you for your lovely message. I just need Harry so much. I actually respect his decision to go as he was very ill and wanted to do it. Harry always said that it isnt me, he was leaving his mind. Popr boy, what a choice! But where does that leave me…Harry was 25, and my world. Poor boy xxx

They are always with us xx

Harry is always with me. And im counting the days when I’ll be him. This is so hard. Thank you for the verse, its lovely x