My soul mate

Hello all,
Thank you all for your kind words, I made it through the day in only what I can describe as a total blur, hugs from strangers passing on their condolences, pulled from one person to the next. I know they all meant well. My heart was the heaviest it has ever been today seeing the man I love lowered into the ground, I felt a huge piece of me go with him. I don’t know what tomorrow may bring and to be honest I don’t care anymore, I feel like I have had the worst thing ever imaginable already happen to me so how could anything ever come close to the pain I feel. I’ve lost grandparents aunts and uncles but this is on a whole different level, the pain is real and nothing takes it away. And now I feel I have to face each day without him, not able to chat touch or see his face ever again only on pictures. I feel so lonely and uncertain of what may be.
Sam
Xxx

JackeiJ
I totally understand. I think i had heard before that it doesn’t really hit you until after tge funeral and its true. My Husband died 30/10 and the funeral was 24/11. The last 2 weeks i think have been as bad as the 1st 2 weeks.
Theres just no fun left in life anymore. I can appreciate my kids but they have there own lives to live.
I just want to shut the door and snuggle up with my Mike. I feel robbed. He was 55
Xx

2 Likes

Mattred75
Its just too young isnt it.
Im not doing Xmas this year. 1st year ever ive not had a tree
Its just another sad day to get through.
Im hoping things look better when Spring comes round

2 Likes

Dear Jane
We have been robbed! Trouble is people expect us to get on with our lives now the funeral is over. They don’t realise our life as we knew it has ended.
We are grieving for the loss of our soul mate but also for the life we used to live.

1 Like

I’m not doing Xmas this year not even got tree up,just don’t feel like it at all,my wife was took way too early we had plans it was our 25th wedding anniversary next year aswell.

1 Like

Same here, no tree, nothing…. I feel as you all do, robbed of our life. It’s my first without my darling Martin, he was only 47…. This life is so unfair… sending strength to you all…. :broken_heart::heart:Xx

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear about your loss,that’s way too young 47,sending hugs to you,if you ever need to talk I’m hear anytime

1 Like

Dottie72
Oh no 47. Its heartbreaking isnt it.
Big hugs xx

2 Likes

My husband was 56 took ill suddenly and passed away . I agree this loss is totally different from anything else . No one understands unless they have been through similar loss.
It’s 4 months now and I still can’t believe it’s happened .

2 Likes

Nobody will ever know this pain until they walk in our shoes x

2 Likes

I’m walking in your shoes and have been for twenty months. I too have not put trees and decorations out. I said I would go for an early dinner with my sister tomorrow at about 4 but am desperately trying to find excuses not to go. I still cannot get my head around the fact that my husband was hear one day and then gone the next. His corneas were given to two men and helped them see so there is still a little piece of him on earth. The sadness never goes. X

2 Likes

Nel

So sorry. Its a nightmare that never ends. Hugs xx

1 Like

My friend said we are in another world to everyone else and I agree with that statement .It’s just so sad .

1 Like

Mel if you really don’t want to go out with your sister just tell her you not up to it.
However , sometimes it’s good to have a reason to get out and talk etc it may do you good.

Only weeks since my soul mate left me but I decided to put the tree up. He loved Christmas.
It was hard and I cried all night but I’ve done it!
I went to my grandsons school play yesterday. I nearly didn’t go but I did it!
I have to push myself as there’s nobody to push me now.

2 Likes

@JackieJ
Sorry for your loss, I myself usually put my tree up December 1st, but I lost the love of my life on the 25/11/22 to a cardiac arrest. We absolutely loved Christmas but I just can’t put the tree up I’ve not managed any of the grandkids Christmas plays. I’m so proud of you for putting your tree up and going to your grandsons play.
Much love
Sam
Xx

Christmas is a non entity for me this year after losing my fiancee and soulmate Jo through pancreatic cancer she was 56 so young to be taken from me I’m upset every day but I will move on nobody will replace Jo but I dont want to be lonely for the rest of my life xx

1 Like

Hi
I understand entirely. My Husband was 55 died end October. I know i will have to find someone else but wont be the same.

Hugs

Im the same,my wife was my soul mate,i cant see me finding someone else but at the same time i dont want to be this lonely,its very hard being on your own after 24 years with someone.

Don’t yhink you replace a partner you cant with the memories etc you just meet somebody new and build a different life with them x

1 Like