My Soulmate

It’s been three months tomorrow since I lost Alan, the love of my life, and heartache and pain are just unbearable. I miss him so much.

I still say I Love You, but now there’s no reply
I always feel your presence as if you never left my side
I remember your comforting voice, now there’s not a sound
Only echoes from the past follow me around.

You’re always by my side, but I can’t hold your hand
The reason why God took you, I find hard to understand
Summer days seem much shorter, dark nights just linger on
Dreams turn into nightmares when the one you love has gone.

But real love never fades it still burns like the sun
Although they’re far away those memories go on and on
His spirit will never die it shines like the stars
I know you’re sleeping in heaven, but you’re living in my heart.

9 Likes

Hi i am like youi lost my wife mo on the 4th February this year me an mo was together for 42 yrs 38 Yrs married this year we have 5 lovely children who are all grown up imiss my mo so much i visit my mo every morning and every night in the night visit i light candles and talk to her and play the music we loved its hard for me because in the evening time i am with her i break down crying were my eyes sting i come home to an empty house and its lonely but i know she will be beside me every step of the way to guide me through the sad times allways remember we are not alone we have are loved ones with us and we have each other take care xx

2 Likes

Hello Ralphluna1
I am so sorry for the loss of your dear wife. I wish I could offer you some words of comfort, but I know it’s impossible. When someone we love dies, we never quite get over it. May the peace that comes from the memories of the love you shared comfort you now and in the days ahead.
Stay strong.
Jay x

1 Like

Thank you Sad2 for these beautiful words and Ralphluna1 it’s hard when our soulmate goes but we are never alone even when we feel lonely. That empty house is one of the worst thing. Keep posting both of you and take care. S

We will love we are all here to support each othr every out there who is going through these difficult times take care and remember your never alone xxx

2 Likes

We bereaved are not alone, we belong to the largest company in the world - the company of those who have known suffering. x

1 Like

True love allways remember your loved ones will be with you xx

2 Likes

When someone you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.
Always loved, never forgotten, forever missed. x

4 Likes

Thats lovely xx

Always together xx

1 Like

Sorry having a bad day today xx

1 Like

Wishing you strength for today, and hope for tomorrow x

1 Like

I so know your pain I lost my wife of 33 years on 4/2/21 and I don’t know how to go forward without her it was a sudden loss she was killed by our son who had been abusing meth for the past 4 years so I’ve lost him also and life just doesn’t seem worth living at this point

1 Like

Hello,
What a terrible time you have been having. I am so sorry and have no idea what to say. Nothing I say will make things better, but I just wanted you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Please look after yourself. Try to eat properly. If you have no heart to cook, then do get some of those microwave meals from the shops or online. They take just a few minutes in the microwave and virtually no effort from you.
If you need to talk any more, I, and many others, are here for you. You are not alone. Hugs, Ann

1 Like

AnnR
Thank you for your prayers I appreciate it my heart is really really broken I haven’t ate for days I just can’t eat I try but just the smell of food makes me feel sick I’ve lost 15 pounds in the last 45 days I’ve withdrawn from public and just stay locked up in this house it’s certainly not a home anymore without her when you have been with someone that long when she died the best part of me died with her I don’t know if I can or even want to live without her

1 Like

I know, Danny. My husband and I had been married for 57 years when he died and I felt just as you do. I thought I couldn’t go on, but somehow, I did, going from day to day. After nearly 11 months, it has got a little easier. I don’t think I will ever be happy again, not as I knew happiness, but I plod on.
I hope you will soon be able to eat a little., I made myself eat a little something every day because I didn’t want to die.
Have you seen your doctor? He/she will be able to help you.
Please don’t give up.

1 Like