My stepdad

Is it normal to feel angry when someone dies my stepdad died Sunday and he’s left nothing but a load of pain and lies he sead he had a funeral plan and life insurance but don’t I paid for him to do a will but didn’t im the oldest of 4 I have 3 sisters that are not interested because of the way he treated our mum when she was dieing so I’m doing it alone sorting out the funeral cleaning out his home and I feel really angry no 1 wants his ash’s my sister won’t let me put them in with my mum I really don’t know what else to do I keep snaping at my wife who is only trying to help and be there for me

1 Like

Hi @Andy59,

I’m so sorry to hear about your stepdad.

I want to reassure you that it is completely normal to feel a wide range of emotions when grieving, with anger included. Everyone grieves differently and processes grief in different ways.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

Thank you for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone in how you’re feeling.

Take care,

Becca
Online Community Team