My thoughts. Just not nice.

Hi Jonathan,

I know. People do talk some nonsense. Its harder for me now than it was at the beginning that’s for sure. On a sidenote, I’m not getting any email notifications to let me know that someone has commented on a post that I’ve taken part in. Is anyone else? I’m having to look at each conversation to see if anyone has added anything.

Hi all. It’s a relief to know that it’s not just me walking about with these thoughts. I hope I don’t upset anyone here but I do think that age is mentioned all too often. We was not youngsters but we led a full life, much more active than many younger people. I still do. However my own children for example. Both smoke, my daughter is overweight. If I say anything (which I don’t bother now) I am told to mind my own business. My son has also abused his health. He simple said “you have to die one day”. I am far more active and fitter than either of them. I have friends in the Ramblers who are still doing 10/15 miles walks on a regular basis and are in their eighties. Two members completed a charity walk of nearly fourteen miles. One was 91 the other a youngster of 84yrs. I have always maintained that age is a number. However I was totally confused when my father died suddenly in his forties and he was a fit active sports man. There doesn’t seem to be a pattern for who is taken, whether it be suddenly or after a long illness, to any of us no matter what age it is traumatic and heartbreaking experience.
I must admit to when seeing older couples holding hands it affects me now more so than in the beginning and today a couple on bikes stopped near me to read their map. It doesn’t seem five minutes since Brian and I was out on our bikes. All the gear and panniers full.
xxxx

Hi C1971,

Sorry to hear you aren’t getting email notifications. I’ve had a few reports of people not getting them, but some people are getting them, or at least getting some, so I’m going to do a bit more investigation into this.

I haven’t seen any either since the upgrade. Makes it hard to keep track of what’s going on and the conversations I’ve participated in.

Thank you priscilla

While we work on fixing the email notifications, here is a tip that might help in the meantime - you can make sure you get all email notifications from a specific conversation as follows:

If you do this on any conversation you’re taking part in, or are interested in, you will get all the email notifications for that conversation. Sorry, I know it’s not very straightforward as having it happen automatically, but I thought it might help as a short-term solution until we can get the emails working as they were before.

I listen to him every day, love him x