My wife’s funeral today

My wife’s funeral and cremation today I can’t begin to describe how I feel. I went to the funeral home Monday and yesterday to say my goodbyes, I didn’t want to leave her as her body was still here although the soul has gone. I have to learn to live without her now after knowing for 40 years, I feel absolutely empty and lonely. I hope I have the strength to get through this day.

4 Likes

Thinking of you today, you will get through it. Sending love :heart: and hugs :hugs: Debbie X

Thinking of you today lv annie x

Hi Pete47,I felt exactly the same 4 months ago before my wife’s funeral and didn’t think I would be able to mange the day, but you do find the strength somehow, and your family and friends will help you as well, thinking of you, take care Mickere x

Thanks for your replies, funeral service is this afternoon, my Karen passed away after being diagnosed with lung cancer - from being diagnosed to passing away was only six weeks.

1 Like

Dear Pete47,

You will be in my thoughts today. May you find the inner strength to go through the funeral, knowing that your Karen and your love for each other will forever be in your heart.

Jo

1 Like

You will be in my thoughts and prayers. God bless x

1 Like

You will be in my thoughts today @Pete47 sending :heart: and strength your way xxx

Dear @Pete47

Will be thinking of you today as will the whole of the Community and Volunteers here. Sending you our love and thoughts.

Take care.

Pepsi

1 Like

Dear Pete, my thoughts are with you too, I’m so sorry for your loss, I hope you find comfort from your family and friends, sending love, Tracy

I barely remember the day , struggle to remember the music we picked. We later had the family flowers pressed and framed.
Restricted to numbers so we only had the important persons there - we had previously agreed - if they didn’t visit us before why would they want to visit the crem.??
You learn to move on day by day.
G. Xx

1 Like

Dear @Pete47

I just wanted to see how you are as it is now early evening. I do hope the funeral went as planned and the weather remained dry. Please continue to reach out any time. We are all here to support you and in the days ahead. .

Take care.

Pepsi

Hi Pete 47,Hope all went as well as could be expected today, and you managed to find the strength to get through the day Take Care Mickere x

Morning Pete your probably feeling numb today but we’re here for you lv annie x

1 Like

Full of tears again today to think and feel that I will not see my Karen again is devastating, thanks for your thoughts Annie11.

1 Like

Thinking of you Pete. I lost my mum 3 months ago to cancer. It’s heartbreaking. We are supporting my dad to keep him busy. Take each day as it comes.

Hi Pete47, Be easy on yourself, and be kind to yourself, Thinking of you. Take Care. Mickere x

Hi Pete
By now the funeral will have passed. I hope you found some peace in saying goodbye to your beautiful partner. It’s a long road to feeling better but this is the first step. I lost my husband just over a year ago suddenly in bed beside me and it took a while for me to actually believe it had happened. Do I feel better now ? No not really but I have accepted he’s not coming home and taking each day at a time.

There’s no time limit as to when you should feel a little better. We’ve all been there on this terrible journey. My heart goes out to us all. We don’t deserve this pain but somehow we seem to have been dealt a blow which we will never recover from. But we’ll learn to live with it.

Much love
Georgina