My wife

Its the lonelyness i can’t handle ,not being able to talk to my wife ,telling her how much i love her ,holding hands ,kissing my wife for no reason

8 Likes

Yes. Totally agree. I never thought I’d be without her until we were much older. It feels like we’ve been cheated and the world is just empty now.

2 Likes

Just feel lost, i look round the room and its me on my own ,all things we’ve put into the house ,it now feels empty ,wash basket is just my cloths and not ours ,i say goodnight but no reply ,i dont know how to move i miss my wife, my best mate,just nothing

3 Likes

Yes I agre totally how it is.

Hi @Wells , yes, it’s a really tough time! We have all been there, and some still are.
My wife has been gone two years now, and I talk to her every day. She would probably say I talk to her more now than I did before.
First thing in the morning I sit in the conservatory, her photo (and a dog) on my knee, chattering away about the things we did, what her dogs have got up to, what I’ve done in the garden etc etc. Felt very strange to start with, but now I look forward to our chats.
When I’m out walking, I often just stick out my hand, and feel her grabbing it , sometimes my hand feels warm.
We find ways to cope.
Of course I still miss her more than I could describe, and I have an odd emotional moment, but I’m now feeling far,far, better than I did in those first desperate weeks and months

5 Likes

Interesting that talk more to loved one lost than did before.

Hi @Wells . I totally undertand how you feel. I lost my Anne 19 months ago after a 7 year battle against a mirard of nasties. It was our Golden anniversery a month after she died. We still chat about the house, on family and all manner of issues. As time goes by , however; i still have very down moments , but also, now , not so bad as I know my Anne would not want me to be like this. Two things have helped me on this journey. The first was joining a beareavent group who meet weekly. This has been a goodsend to me and would recommend anybody to, if you can, source one out local to you.
The second one was to bury her ashes in loverly setting in a natural burial ground. After i had done that , it brought me a lot of peace knowing i , the children, can go and visit her with along with our pet dog, that she loved, in this loverly setting and spend time with her. It is a hard journey we are all on . We all have that horrible ’ alone’ feeling . But i do find some peace in knowing that my Anne would me to be at peace, knowing she is now at peace and we will meet again soon.

2 Likes

That is nice to know
Yes to be at peace
Sang Deep peace at his funeral
Aled Jones has lovely voice
Well where I go I call it widows weekly not real name but just a fact. All these widows don’t call it bereavement group but
Kinda is.

1 Like