My world

I havnt been on for a while but I always read everyone’s heartache. It’s been one year (8th April 2020) since my duck was taken from me and I genuinely dont know where the last 12 months have gone . . . Somehow it feels like an insult to Gary (gaz) that time has passed and the first anniversary is here ! I only lost you a few days ago !! . . . That’s how it feels to me . . I’m sure other people will have the same emotions. I dont know when grief gets easier or if it ever will but I cant bare the thought of walking through life without my whole world by my side . Every single day feels like climbing a mountain, ts exhausting . Yesterday , my sister took me out with the dogs and we had a little picnic . I just want to hold my angel . . I literally cant wait to walk with my gary again . My soulmate loves me as I love him . As long as I know he is ok then I will be ok . . I will try my best to soldier on as he wants me too and look forward to our reunion . Cant way ! . Xx lesley

2 Likes

Hi Lesley, anniversaries are always hard, the first one in particular, however much you tell yourself it’s just another day, it isn’t, I lost my husband 9 years ago, and I miss him just as much now as then, I think you learn to live with it and in that way it’s easier, sending love Jude xx

1 Like

Dear Lesleyj. I know exactly how you feel. It was 1yr on 24th April that I lost peter and I can’t believe that a year has gone. every day I cry and don’t feel any better . I miss him so much life seems empty and I have no,purpose anymore. I have children and grandchildren who I love so much. But they don’t understand why I still feel so upset and can’t see a future anymore. Love to you. X

1 Like

Sorry I’m new to this. Just not great

Hello Jen153,

Please let us know here at Admin, if we can help you at all to navigate around the site.

You can always email us, at online.community@sueryder.org, with the problems you are experiencing.

Take care,
Audrey
Online Community Team

Thank you Sheila. It has helped me a great deal to come on here to know there are so many people who feel the same as I do. I thought I would feel better as do my children after a year but I feel worse. I am going to have to go to solicitors on Tuesday to sign away Peters bungalow a place he loved so much and had been in his family for nearly 100yrs. I keep thinking he would be upset to know it was going to a stranger but there is nothing I can do as he had one of these lifetime mortgages which means there is nothing left for our sons. These things in my mind are terrible as they pray on older people with no money. Sorry for my rant. Love jenny.x