Nan died 2 days ago

I am new to this so please bear with me! I’m 32 and luckily never lost anyone I’ve been close to but 2 days ago my nan died! I was close with her! I was her youngest grandchild. But I was there shortly after she died and I got to say goodbye before the undertakers took her away! But I wish I hadn’t coz now when I think of her I think of the way she looked when she died! She didn’t have her teeth, or glasses and it just didn’t seem to be her! I knew it was her but I can’t get the picture of her out my head and it hurts so much!
I’ve got 2 girls under 6 and my husband is currently away with the army for 6 months so trying to put a brave face on for the girls but finding it hard to hold it all together!
I’m not eating, crying on and off all the time and generally feeling empty and lost!

I am so sorry to hear about your loss, it’s the worst thing imaginable.
Take each day as it comes, every time you wake up and manage to get out of bed is an achievement and you should be proud of yourself.
When you think of your nan, as hard as it may be, try to think of all the good times, the smiles and laughter!
Maybe consider seeking some professional help, it’s great to have someone there who listens and who can help you with coping strategies.
It will get better, just keep going x

Hi lost my mam 29/12/2017 I to saw her before undertaker came it wasn’t nice has she didn’t look much like my mam I went to see her in rest and believe me it was lovely she looked just like my mam and I did feel much better for seeing her like you both my girls was very close to my mam and you will get through it stay strong xxx

Aw thank you so much for your reply! It’s all starting to feel like just a bad dream or that it happened ages ago and it’s not even been a week!
Still awaiting funeral details but just feel like I’m in auto pilot sorting the kids out! MY husband is working abroad and can’t get back hit 6 weeks (army) so it just feels like I’m contending with it alone x

I’m so sorry for your loss we held funeral on Friday don’t know how I got through the day but I did my daughter has a 3 yr old my granddaughter she has really helped having her here take time to grieve if you have to cry let it out hope you have some family for support i promise you will get through it thank never thought i would but I am it’s hard I know but take care of yourself xxx

Thank you! I have an almost 6 year old and an almost 3 year old so hopefully they can help me and my mum though it!
I’m now flapping about what’s my kids should wear to the funeral! I’m getting stressed out and worked up over silly things x

I was the same my granddaughter didn’t go to funeral but came afterwards she wore a Spanish dress my mam bought her from Spain in July as my mam went all the time you want to look your best I understand that when you see something you will know whay ever you choose I’m sure you nanna will be proud of you x