Nan

My nan passed away truly peacefully on 10.4.18 and I have an excrutiating pain of sadness in my stomach. Funeral was 3.5.18 and I am waiting for the date of the ashes ceremony. Am having more bad than good days and am so demotivated and tearful.

Hi Raveon,

I’m so very sorry to hear that your nan passed away in April. Her passing is still very recent so it’s understandable that you’re feeling demotivated and tearful. Feeling physically pained by your sadness is also something that happens to many people when they’re coping with a bereavement. We have some information about coping with grief that you may find has some useful suggestions. You can read that here

Do you have a close friend or family member that you can talk to about how you’re feeling? Talking and sharing your thoughts can be a great help and stop you from bottling up all those feelings. The people in this community often say it helps to exchange messages with others who understand what they’re going through and I hope you can find some comfort here too.

Take care of yourself and let me know if there’s anything I can help with.

Best wishes,
Eleanor
Online Community Manager

Hi Raveon, I am sorry about your Nan and it was lovely of you to say she went peacefully. I do feel a lot of people know when it’s time and are ready to go. I had a friend who said they were excited about a new adventure and was happy to go.
All the things you feel are normal but they will fade in time but your memories will remain. If this is the first death you have had close to you, you will remember the awful feelings but also the happy times, look at it as a life lesson because it is. You sweet Nan will be thinking of you, just as you are thinking of her. I hope things pick up for you soon and you can smile with love in your heart for your beautiful Nan.
Blessings S