Nana dying

My nana has had cancer for a year. Two weeks ago we went on holiday during which she had a hospital appointment. From us leaving (10 days) to returning her health has taken a shocking decline to the point that she hardly makes sense or understands anything. Tonight I’ve logged on to Facebook and broken my heart realising I’ll never see her “active” or be able to talk to her in our normal way. I can’t imagine a me without her. It’s breaking my heart.

Hi, those last days of life can be very difficult and the pain for those left behind is hard. You need to be strong and think about the good times, the memories are the important things. There’s a song that says ‘smile though your heart is breaking’. Take care. S xx

1 Like

Thank you. She has had a syringe driver fitted today which I think means it’s the end.

Hi Susie ,
’ Smile ’ by Nat King Cole is a beautiful song , chose it to be played at my mums funeral.
Love Angie xx

A syringe driver delivers drugs slowly and means the nursing staff do not have to disturb the patient. They never know when, just take it as it comes we have no control. Big hugs and love being sent. S xx

2 Likes

Thanks I have been racking my brain and of course it was Nat King Cole. Thanks for that, my brain can now rest. My sister wanted the theme from the tv program ‘New tricks’ which was prefect but now I only see her if I hear it. Sad. S xx

1 Like

Hi Susie,
That’s the thing when you choose songs to be played at a funeral , every time you hear them they remind you of one of the saddest days of your life .
Take care.
Love Angie xx

2 Likes