Nearly a year

It’s been nearly a year since my wonderful husband died suddenly, I miss him terribly,
I do cry and get angry and ask ‘why’? Also
If I go back to that day, I push it away from my mind, I don’t want to go there. My daughter feels I’m suppressing my grief and my sister says I’m on a high and will come crashing down.

I had a huge sign that he was ok which has kept me going and I believe I’ve got his strength and determination to carry on and deal with life’s ups and downs

I’ve been to the doctor who’s putting me in touch with a councillor.

There seems to be no support for sudden loss.

I spoke to a friend and I’ve decided to, once I’ve dealt with my own grief, do a bereavement counselling course especially for those dealing with sudden loss.

1 Like

Hi @Mazzer
It’s so heartbreaking to loose the ones we love. I know everyone’s grief journey is unique to them, I think we all have good & bad days, & emotions can be very up & down, just take it a day at a time, & do what works for you. It’s good that you have your daughter & sister to support you, the fact they show concern shows they care, but they can only say their interpretation of what they’ve observed, it’s ultimately up to you how you process this information, & how you choose to respond or react to it, but it clearly comes from a place of love, so even if you disagree with their views, I hope you get some comfort in knowing they are there for you.
The first year is an important milestone in anyone’s grief journey, & often an emotional time. Maybe think what you would like to do on this anniversary, maybe you & your daughter might like to do something to remember your husband.
I know what you mean about not wanting to remember the traumatic memories, it’s understandable.
Sending hugs of support.