need help

just lost my daughter 7 weeks ago whom I loved dearly but I cannot understand why I have not cried my heart is aching I constantly think about her but feel guilt for not showing my emotions ?

I lost my 31 year old son to cancer in October and it took a while for me to cry but i did in the end. Now so many things trigger me :cry: Sending love Miriam :heart:

1 Like

Don’t feel guilty . Everyone does grief in their own individual way, I lost my daughter in July 2021. The grief isn’t as intense as it was, but if I hear a piece of music or see a photo sometimes it sends me back to that raw grief that I experienced after she died. I still have to swipe a photo of her away when it pops up on my iPad. I used to feel guilty for doing that, but I now know that it is just what I have to do, for me.

1 Like

You are in shock! However you react is the way you are. 7 weeks is no time at all in this dreadful grief process. Please could you get some help?
I can chat any time you feel alone.

Sending love

Penny xx

1 Like

thank you Mims its comforting to know im not on my own all be it is bitter sweet as all the replies have had the same dreadful event as me I think I have found a counselling group in my local church I hope that gives me some comfort
take care

I think dealing with my two young grandchildren has helped me but your right I have my moments I have had to take Kellys pictures down for a while as it hurt so m much just to see them
thank you for your lovely words
take care

penny that is so kind as mention to mims above I think I have found a counselling group at my local church we will see what that brings I miss Kelly loads and loads we were very close but I know its early days yet

take care

I heard 2 weeks ago that my son had been found in his apartment. It’s looking like he could have died 5 weeks ago. I have only had short bursts of crying. My thoughts keep going in circles. I don’t think I believe I’ll never see him again. You are not alone.

1 Like