Need support with others that have also lost a brother

West Midlands

I’ve been struggling 4 a few years now I lost my brother 2 suicide and then my dad , I have also been through 5 years of mental and physical domestic violence from my past 2 relationships , both were different , one was more physical abuse, and the last was more mental abuse bye control and mental control which I found the worst one , I have not been able to be me or deal with my bereavement needs as I was notaloud to express or deal with any of my own feelings, I’m lucky enough now to be able and be supportive by my new partner , he had been through same issues but when he was young , he helped with showing me the tools to help me find myself and show me that I’m actually important and very strong minded to deal with my pain of bereavement, and to actually carry on with my life without the pain and mental abuse they put me through ,

1 Like

Hello @London,

I can see that you’re new to the community, so I wanted to say that I am so sorry for the loss of your brother and dad that brings you here, and for the experiences you’ve had in your past relationships.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help right now.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,
Alex

Hi @London

Sorry for your losses :heart: it sounds like you’ve have a really tough time!

It’s good that you have reached out for support, everyone is really supportive here. Keep reaching out if you need to talk.

It sounds like you have a good source of support in your new partner, that must be comforting.

Maybe seek some bereavement counselling and or counselling for domestic abuse as it may build you up to help you grieve for your losses.

Sending hugs and wishing you the best of luck :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: