New here and so lost

I lost the love of my life 14 weeks ago. He had cancer, we were told he’d manage 4-5 years with immunotherapy after his chemo. In June, just before my birthday, we were told he was terminal. Most days, i cry, beg not to be here without him. Everything is so frightening. I don’t know who i am anymore.

4 Likes

You are in the right place. People on here are lovely and supportive. 9 weeks for me. 10 days from diagnosis to his passing! Was doing ok last week but feel I am back to square 1 this week. Hope u find support on here. Xx

1 Like

Thank you for replying. I honestly didn’t know where to go. Cruse said to come here. Im so sorry for your loss.

2 Likes

@Hzmartin you’ve come to the right place. We all are feeling the same.

We cry constantly and wonder why we are here. And have considered how to change that, I know I have.

As I’ve said before it’s sh*t.

2 Likes

@Hzmartin welcome & sorry for your loss. It’s been 8 months since I lost my husband to cancer. This forum has been a huge help to me and hopefully you will also get support & comfort from it. Take care.

3 Likes

I lost my husband in August after a diagnosis 5 weeks earlier. This is going to be the worst time of your life. But take everything a day at a time. Be kind to yourself. Life does go on. It doesn’t get easier but you can do this. People on here have been so kind and supportive. Do look after yourself

3 Likes

Hzmartin i lost my gorgeous beautiful wife sue to cancer on the 1st February this year and this forum is a big help.i can sympathise with you on this.were all here to help each other in anyway we can.also don’t bottle things up and don’t be frightened to ask for help

1 Like

It’s a hard journey, I don’t recognise myself either.
But give yourself credit for still being upright because getting out of bed on a morning is a massive achievement in these circumstances x

2 Likes

So sorry for you . You can reach out anytime on here

2 Likes

@Hzmartin
I feel your pain. I lost my Wife of 31 years to Cancer 4 weeks ago, her Funeral was Wednesday just gone.
She too had done all the Chemo and Radiotherapy treatment & had had 2 Immunotherapy sessions.
She’d managed to get clear of the first lot She’d been diagnosed with but unfortunately it had spread to other areas culminating in her ending up with a massive tumour on a major artery to her heart. Eventually it overwhelmed her as she had little resistance left to fight on any longer.
I am completely broken as you are & i never realised i could cry so many tears.
I know it’s early on in my grief journey but i feel so angry & cheated by life.
My Wife was convinced that the Covid Vaccinations were to blame & wouldn’t hear otherwise. I too have found myself praying to go off to sleep one night & not wake up so i can be with her again, i can’t relate to what life is going to be like for me without her, I’m lucky that i have a tremendously supportive Son & Daughter that have both been my absolute rock along with their partners since she passed.
All i can do is just take it one day at a time & hope it gets easier as time progresses. I was sent a little picture by my Daughter related to grief & thought I’d post it here, hopefully it can be of help to you & some of the people that come on this forum in some way.
Please look after yourself & try to think of the amazing memories you made over the years, they can be a great comfort going forward.
Take Care xx

3 Likes