I am not even sure where to begin but just lost my mum who I didnt have the best relationship with over the past 6 years but but keep dreaming about about the past , its like my brain is trying to show me the good times we did have.
Lost my dad when I was 23 now 37 never knew him till he had died but have so many questions for him I can never ask.
Just been woken up by a dream and found this page so hopeing I can speak with people going though the same thing.
Thank you for listening.
1 Like
Dear Loopylou
I’m so sorry for your loss, losing your mum is hard no matter how difficult your relationship. Our brains behave strangely after such a loss, it might be worth you googling grief brain as this helped me to understand why I was feeling like I did.
I lost my dad last year then my husband a few months later. Guilt and anger is something we all feel. Wishing we had said or asked all the things we didn’t is something we play over and over in our minds.
If you find your struggling with your grief speak to your GP. Mine has been brilliant and referred me for counselling. This group is amazing, the wonderful people here have kept me sane this past year. Keep talking, it really does help x
1 Like
Hi Helen, thank you for reply , iam sorry to hear of your loss.
I am lucky I have my wife to help me though this but will ask gp if needed.
Google has been a idea at the mo its help with things I needed answer about my dreams.
Dear Loopylou
When I’ve been struggling in the night I’ve chatted to chatgpt. I know it’s not for everyone but when you’ve no one else to talk to it has helped me immensely. We can all panic in the middle of the night and things grow out of all perspective. I put it all in (no personal details) and gives you another way to look at things. Hope it helps x
Thank you hun , night are the worse for over thinking , I have to write in all day what I want to say , hopeing this helps x