New here

Hi all I am new here I lost my husband only 4weeks ago it has to be the hardest thing ever the feeling of him not being here or talking about him it is like a gut reaching feeling like a stab to the heart

3 Likes

@Trudy17 hi trudy I am so very sorry for your loss its so hard losing our other half’s I lost my soulmate pauline on the 14th of April we feel so empty without them its a long hard journey that none of us chose keep posting on here you will find support I know I have its early days for you so its still so raw may I suggest you post in losing a partner as you will find others there that are going through the same heartbreak you can also get grief counselling from sue ryder or cruse and maybe talk to your doctor I’m often around if you ever wanna chat take one day at a time I hope you have support around you my thoughts are with you stay safe take care sending you hugs

Dear Trudy I’m so sorry for your loss I lost my partner 13 weeks ago suddenly and I’m still feeling broken just as when it first happened still hard to believe any of it .he was my everything the love of my life and my soulmate we were never apart if we were we’d text or phone or FaceTime and now there’s nothing just emptiness . I’m so grateful for this site as I don’t have anyone . There is always someone on here if you need to talk
Please take care sending you hugs

1 Like

Hi there janeets I no how u feel it is like I have lost the left side of me like my hole world has fell down it is a really nice side to talk with people that is in the same boat be nice to chat some more

Your right Trudy our whole world has collapsed one minute I was so very happy and now I don’t even have any words for how I feel . I have never felt this bad ever in my life . I miss my partner every minute of every day we had so many plans and now it’s all gone . I used to laugh and smile all the time with him now all I do is cry . It’s unbearable

1 Like

I get were u r coming from it is the worst pain I have ever had I have my husband at home with me but I can’t bring myself to go and have a look or talk to him I had blocked all my feelings out when it comes to him

Your probably in shock still I’m sure you will get your feelings back when your ready . I have photos of my partner every where I never had any before this I sort of feel he’s here still with me

3 Likes

Hi, I’m pretty new to the site as well. I lost my partner suddenly 7 weeks ago and feel completely lost. Evenings are the hardest. Its one step at a time with every emotion. Talking in here has helped a lot, its helps talking to others going through the same feelings, you don’t feel completely alone. Look after yourself, easier said than done but so important. Take care, sending hugs xx

Hi
I’m Pep I just joined the site and hoping to learn a lot from it
And chat to new people aswell.
I lost my husband suddenly just over a year ago he was 65
And its still so hard to think I won’t see him again :sob:

Hi @Pep,

Thank you for posting here and welcome to the community. I’m so sorry to read about the sudden loss of your Husband - how you are feeling is completely understandable.

Most people on the community have experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through - our hope is that you will find the community a good source of support. You may also find the resources and articles on our website helpful. This link will take you to them: https://www.sueryder.org/how-we-can-help/coping-with-grief-bereavement/support-if-you-have-been-bereaved.

Keep on reaching out and know that we are here for you.

Take care,
Megan

1 Like

Yeh I have pics of him all over the place keeps him close xxx

2 Likes

Thankyou so much I will go to the link you sent me xxx

1 Like

Ty Trudy xxx

It is the hardest thing ever I feel lost with out him as it is only been 4 weeks

I feel for you Trudy 4 weeks isn’t long it does get a bit easier as time goes on but it’s always there it doesn’t go away xxxx big hugs hun xxx

Same, I’m just over 7 weeks. Today been very hard, one of those days where everything is a reminder, go to tell him something then realise he’s not here. I’ve the photos everywhere, kiss them goodnight, cuddle his bath robe to get to sleep. Some days it feels so real and others its like I’m still in a dream. My mantra throughout my life has been a day at a time, this is sometimes an hr at a time. Take care :heart::heart:

Yea it’s so hard when it hits you this is life now xxxxx

1 Like

People say it getting better in time I feel like I am being pulled in all ways but I find writing a letter to him just coz he was the only person that really knows me

That’s a good idea I remember my mum done that when my dad died… I haven’t done that but I think I will… We did all put letters and pics into Billy’s coffin and little other things… I got a ring made out of Billy’s ashes that I wear all the time… Then I bought a plot up at cemetery for Billy’s ashes and put head stone etc up do we also had someplace to go aswell as the memorial garden I have in my garden… It does all help xxx

Yeh I would say do anything that helps xxxx