Hello everyone

How do I introduce myself as we are all grieving?

I am at the stage where the funeral was four weeks ago - I did not organise it- his children did.

Nothing is very interesting any more.

I dream a lot of all the things I have lost,including a child, and my home.

I am 75 and seem to have no options for various reasons.

Getting out and about is hard because of mobility and my artwork has lost interest.

I love my children and my wonderful grandchildren 13,8,5 and2.

Plants, flowers, genealogy, sea, art, history, are all loves. But not cities, apart from Bath, Wells,York, Florence, Rome etc

That’s all for now

8 Likes

Hi Daisy, welcome to the club nobody wanted to join. As you say, we are all at different stages of grieving. My husband died suddenly 6 weeks ago. We were both already widowed when we met and our 16th wedding anniversary is in a couple of weeks. I am 68.
Hopefully, you will gradually regain interest in some of your hobbies soon.
I like gardening too, although I am just maintaining it right now, not really much enthusiasm yet.
But, we’ll get there eventually.
Love and hugs xx

4 Likes

Hi Daisy I am on the other side of the coin,I lost my wife eleven weeks ago,the people on this site are amazing,they give you support and understand what you are going through,I am sorry about your husband,stay strong love Ron.

3 Likes

Willow, welcome to the club no one wants in but everyone is :rose: lovely and helpful :two_hearts: u are not alone… thinking of you :two_hearts::sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Hi Daisy
I’d like to say welcome.
To the club no one wants to join.
We are all here for you to listen and support you.
We all understand, we are all going through it too. All at different stages
I have found it a lifeline. It has helped me through some very dark times.
You can say whatever you want here, no one will judge. If you want to ramble, ramble. If you want to rant, rant.
We will all support you.
Sending a big hug x x

2 Likes

Hello Daisy its 5 weeks for me on Sunday. I am sorry you are part of this. Life is awful i am 59 and live in Hull. Xxxx

2 Likes

I think today is a good day, I have actually got up and showered and washed my hair…and that is real progress

We have to learn to live with something we cannot change, but it’s a very hard thing to learn.

2 Likes

Hi Daisy
Nice to meet you. We are all in this club nobody wants to join but that’s our new reality. This forum has helped me just by knowing that others do the same unexplained, weird, bizarre responses to the most innocent of things at times and I’m not going mad although that’s sometimes what it feels like.
I can relate to the nothing is of interest in the way it used to be. I can’t even to go out into my garden and that was my passion. I was throwing yet another meal I had prepared for myself as everything tastes bland and I realised in that moment that I had lost not only my appetite for just food but also have lost my appetite for life. It’s horrible and feels relentless but they say time heals. I hope that’s right for us all. Keep safe. Love to you xx

2 Likes

Hi @lulujones33

I could have written that. I echo everything you say

Love and hugs
X x

1 Like

I can relate to “nothing is of interest any more”. I make greeting cards as a hobby but have no interest in doing any at the moment. We had plans for the garden but now he’s not here to see it I can’t bring myself to carry them out. My husband died three weeks ago. We were married for almost 10 years (he lost his first wife in 2012). The funeral is next Tuesday. I think the Church will be full because he was a Church of England vicar before retirement and served 22 years in the same parish church. I have received so many lovely cards from people who knew him, many saying how he had helped them over the years and how he will be missed.
I know so many will want to come to the Service and I am dreading it. I don’t want to end up a “soggy mess” but I don’t know how I will stop the tears.
At the moment nothing has any meaning for me. I know he would want me to be strong and carry on, but without him I can’t see a future. I know people say it will get better, it takes time, but we did everything together and I just can’t face doing things, even going shopping, without him.

2 Likes

Lije yourself life seems pointless. I keep thinking it should have been me. Gra was stronger than me he would have coped so much better.i just want to be with him end this horrendous pain . I live with constant pani. And what if questions. Xxxx

1 Like

I’ve been through the “what ifs”. What if we’d seen a doctor before he was admitted to hospital. What if I’d pushed the doctors to try more. I guess all I’m doing is upsetting myself because I’ll never know and now it’s too late, because he’s not coming back to me. :disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

It’s such early days for you yet.

When my son died aged 13, and it was time for his funeral I just gave myself a talking to and said I CAN DO THIS and I did

I have given myself several talkings to since then - 4 weeks ago at my partners funeral…

Try it - it might work- it might not.

And if it doesn’t work, no one will think the worse of you anyway.

Good luck xxx

3 Likes

I’m always giving myself “talkings too!! I’m the only now who can keep me in order! Currently I’m failing miserably! But a favourite saying of mine is
“Try harder, fail better” . So I’m really good at something. I’m hanging on to that.
Take care
Luv and hugs to you.

1 Like

Well done you. That IS progress so take it whilst it lasts. We really don’t have much choice. Grief is an absolute bloody horrible rollercoaster we just have to learn to hold on tightly to our memories. They will get us through this. We loved and were loved. No one can ever take that away. How lucky we were although I appreciate it doesn’t feel like that now.
Take care
Luv and hugs to you xx

1 Like

Yes @lulujones33

You are so right.
We were all loved deeply by someone we loved deeply.
We have that forever.

I also give myself many talking tos. Sometimes I even listen to me :face_with_peeking_eye:

Big hugs x x

1 Like

So sorry, Daisy. It’s very early in your grief journey. All of us understand how you are feeling and how hard it is. For now, rest as much as you can; healing takes a long time and a great deal of energy.

2 Likes